Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tessler" or "Tezzler"?

How do you pronounce "Tesla"?

• TeSSla

Votes: 135 82.8%
  • TeZZla

Votes: 28 17.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's safe to assume that those using the Queen's english would say Tezzla (quite likely w/ an "r" sound at the end) and Yanks would say Tessla.

This user of the Queen's english says "Tesler". Brits have a general rule to try and put an "R" into every word possible, examples such as water (pronounced war-ter), tomato (pronounced tom-ar-to), banana (pronounced ba-nar-na) and Tesla (pronounced Tes-ler)...

• Funny
Reactions: RLC3
This user of the Queen's english says "Tesler". Brits have a general rule to try and put an "R" into every word possible, examples such as water (pronounced war-ter), tomato (pronounced tom-ar-to), banana (pronounced ba-nar-na) and Tesla (pronounced Tes-ler)...

I first noticed that listening to the Harry Potter Audio Books funnily enough. I also notice it in some of the more urban areas of NYC. Who says the Queen's english is dead stateside?!? :biggrin:

I think it's safe to assume that those using the Queen's english would say Tezzla (quite likely w/ an "r" sound at the end) and Yanks would say Tessla.

Not me; though I do here my fellow brits saying Tezzla; which I think is wrong.

Hadn't really considered the 'R' at the end but I've realized that I say "Tessla" and "Tesslerroadster".

Out on the NY rally yesterday I did here a few "Telsa"s as well but that's for another thread.

The hear->here was funny in this topic because they are homophones (different words that sound the same) and this topic is about how the same word can be pronounced different ways.

472px-Homograph_homophone_venn_diagram.png