Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio not working after this morning's new firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pmoa

Apr 10, 2015
My slacker radio no longer plays music after my software update. I can search for music but then after selecting a song, it doesn't play.
When I go to browse and Internet and slacker radio, nothing shows up on the right side to select stations.

Anyone else?

Just got a software update this morning and while I haven't tried slacker, I found an extremely annoying bug with how it interacts with a bluetooth device when playing music. When streaming music from my phone, if I use the skip forward or back on the steering wheel (and I assume the center console as well), and press it more than once, it switches to FM radio. Have had this happen multiple times today.

Slacker busted for me too.

Classic car.

My consolation is that 2.12.45 brought back Bluetooth, been busted for months.
Also brought back voice commands, also busted for months.

Now, I can request songs again.... that don't play.

One step forward, two steps back.

Yesterday I could at least type songs and they'd play. Today, nothin'

But with 2.12.45 now Creep setting is saved with driver profile. Ahem. Big whoop.
No drivers of my car use creep. So Off suited us fine.

Note to Tesla: All settings should be saved with driver profile. All of them. Everything. Don't do this one by one thing... the last known state of how each driver last left the car is how it should reconfigure itself when that profile is selected. Even the HVAC settings, seat heater, brightness, .... capture the state of the car, put it in a capsule, and bring it back.

Last edited:
Note to Tesla: All settings should be saved with driver profile. All of them. Everything. Don't do this one by one thing... the last known state of how each driver last left the car is how it should reconfigure itself when that profile is selected. Even the HVAC settings, seat heater, brightness, .... capture the state of the car, put it in a capsule, and bring it back.

yeah, kind of like my 2009 Acura used to do...7 years ago.

This.

Every single possible setting in the car should be (1) stored with every driver profile and (2) easily edited.

I'm pretty sure computers are capable of storing 100's of bits of information these days. I offer my assistance if you need help figuring it out, including the trickier bits crossing the bridge between the CAN bus and infotainment LAN.

Slacker is broken for me but only in a very particular way. Search and menus do not work. However, favorites do work.

My guess is something changed on the menuing and lookup between Slacker and Tesla.

Slacker's not working for me either today after upgrading to 2.12.45 yesterday. I tried rebooting (twice), logging out and back in of the Slacker account, and hitting the "Restore" button to restore the Tesla account - no luck. When selecting Slacker in the Browse tab, there's a spinner for a second and then it's blank. Clearly broken, but I'm not sure if it's an issue in the car or with the Slacker service.

I sent the following to [email protected] and to [email protected] today:

Good morning.

I am having problems with Slacker in my Model S today, My Model S is VIN _______ and my Slacker account is _________@[EMAIL="[email protected]"]teslamotors.com[/EMAIL]
Quick synopsis of the issue:
- Current station continues to play fine
- Favourites play fine
- Browse fails to bring up any content at all
- Search finds songs/artists but when I click on them nothing happens.
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]- multiple reboots of both the driver's display, and centre console have not solved this.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]- powering the car off, waiting 5 minutes, and powering back up did not solve this.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

My car is running Tesla's version 7.0 (2.9.12)

I suspect that this is not isolated to my vehicle based on the following Tesla Motors Club forum thread:
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...not-working-after-this-morning-s-new-firmware
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Although the thread talks about the new firmware, it appears that the issue is not limited to that firmware as I am still on a much older firmware and have the same issues.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]As this spans multiple Tesla firmware versions, and multiple users, I am unsure if this is a Tesla issue, or a Slacker issue, I have sent this email to both support departments.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thank you for anything you can do to resolve this issue.

Working in the software world. I attribute this to testing. There are times when software deliveries just don't get regression tested as software engineers don't like testing. With that said, managers don't put an emphasis on it.

It sucks, but there are probably more bugs that we don't know about. Elon come hire a technical program manager (me) to solve your software woes.

Working in the software world. I attribute this to testing. There are times when software deliveries just don't get regression tested as software engineers don't like testing. With that said, managers don't put an emphasis on it.

It sucks, but there are probably more bugs that we don't know about. Elon come hire a technical program manager (me) to solve your software woes.
So, how do you explain it not working on my car with 7.0? I didn't update.