Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car flatlined (on consumption) recent trip screen frozen...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GasKilla

No Gas Know Peace
Nov 11, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Anyone have similar issues? It says I've been driving 13 hours and 31 minutes when I was only driving for about 1/2 hour.. Also the miles since last charge is very wrong. I've reset both screens twice since I first noticed the problem and nothing has changed, still frozen. Also my home link tried to close my garage on my car this morning.

I called my local service center and they basically said just keep an eye on things. Obviously I'd like a solution, has anyone seen this and gotten a fix?

Last edited:
Fix ideas for you:

Power the car off / on again?

You have very few miles on the car, do a "car reset" to factory settings ?

Fix ideas for someone else:

Call Tesla see if they can fix over the air.
I called Tesla again today and spoke to technical support, they had me power off the car (using power off from the touch screen) for 2 minutes and turn it back on, nothing changed. They said there is definitely something wrong as they could tell over the air my projected range and Wh/mi were way out of whack.

I also learned the proper way to reboot the screens is to have the car in park, put foot on brake and keep it there while you hold both buttons down and wait until you see the "T" logo before releasing everything.

I'm supposed to get a call from service, haven't yet heard from them.