Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Priority Model 3 reservation for Roadster owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to ask this but will Roadster owners be given a chance to pre-order the Model 3 before the general public (or Model S owners)? I wasn't interested in the Model S (too big a car) so I didn't pay attention to the launch that closely but as I recall Roadster owners were able to pre-order those ahead of time. Thanks!

I hate to ask this but will Roadster owners be given a chance to pre-order the Model 3 before the general public (or Model S owners)? I wasn't interested in the Model S (too big a car) so I didn't pay attention to the launch that closely but as I recall Roadster owners were able to pre-order those ahead of time. Thanks!

I doubt it...

With the removal of the Signature class for Model 3 reservations, I think that Tesla is moving toward a more egalitarian reservation system.

We plan to be at a Tesla store to put down our $1,000 reservation.

No special priority for Model X orders either, so no. Why would they do that anyway.. If they would just go ahead with the rest of the 3.0 package, and make sure spare parts remain available for many more years, I'd be more than happy. That and a complete workshop manual :D

Me too. It's weird to think that I just bought a Leaf, and already putting a deposit down on it's replacement. :) However, I'm somewhat pessimistic about the 2017 deliveries. I'm banking more on mid to late 2018.

At least one of the deposits will be for my mom, she just replaced a totaled 2013 Leaf SV with a used 2014 Leaf S as a "bridge" to the Model 3...

We know exactly where you're coming from.

I think I'll wait a little so the first year glitches are resolved, and also they won't have the higher trim versions at first. I'd want AWD for sure, and ludicrous if available, before I'd switch from my Model S. Ultimately I do expect to switch though.

So i received a mail this week from [email protected] explaining the reservation process, and saying that existing owners will get priority in the queue.
However, my roadster is not linked to my tesla account ( it does not show up on MyTesla page) , so I'm wondering how they can take my ownership into account when reserving my model III ?

Anyone knows an email address at Tesla where I could ask to add my roadster to Mytesla page ?

So i received a mail this week from [email protected] explaining the reservation process, and saying that existing owners will get priority in the queue.
However, my roadster is not linked to my tesla account ( it does not show up on MyTesla page) , so I'm wondering how they can take my ownership into account when reserving my model III ?

Anyone knows an email address at Tesla where I could ask to add my roadster to Mytesla page ?
I would drop by your local service center and ask the manager to have the updated owner information done for your car.

I contacted them via the owner's page. I don't remember how, exactly. The email from them came from Mike Vigil (PM me for his email address). He had me send:
1. Color copy or picture of current driver’s license or state ID.
2. Copy or picture of your title or registration (temporary registration is ok)
3. Email address you would like linked to your account (My Tesla email if account is already created)
4. Home or mailing address
5. Phone number

No, Tesla won't be giving any special priority to Roadster owners for pre-ordering a Model 3, and I see no reason for them to do so.

Hmm. Since they are letting prior Model S owners ahead of the public, what rationale is there to not let Roadster owners and Model X owners? Or to put it differently, what rationale for letting Model S move forward doesn't apply to the other 2 groups? I have a Roadster and a Model S Sig, so when I got the email, it wasn't clear that only one of the cars got me into the priority group. My thinking would be that if Tesla is trying to thank prior Tesla owners for their loyalty as the company was getting going towards meeting their goal of a mass-market "consumer-priced" electric car, there is no reason to treat any of the purchasers of the first 3 cars differently.

No, Tesla won't be giving any special priority to Roadster owners for pre-ordering a Model 3, and I see no reason for them to do so.

Hmm. Since they are letting prior Model S owners ahead of the public, what rationale is there to not let Roadster owners and Model X owners? Or to put it differently, what rationale for letting Model S move forward doesn't apply to the other 2 groups? I have a Roadster and a Model S Sig, so when I got the email, it wasn't clear that only one of the cars got me into the priority group. My thinking would be that if Tesla is trying to thank prior Tesla owners for their loyalty as the company was getting going towards meeting their goal of a mass-market "consumer-priced" electric car, there is no reason to treat any of the purchasers of the first 3 cars differently.

I think you misunderstood. ecarfan is saying their is not pre-ordering (as far as we know) for ANYONE (except Tesla and SpaceX employees).

Roadster owners are prioritized in the ordering queue, just like Model S and Model X owners.

I messaged Tesla yesterday to get my Roadster added to My Tesla (it's just the generic Model S sales options in there at the mo).

They called me first thing this morning and said they have my Roadster on the database and will prioritise me, but it will not show up on MT as Roadsters don't.

I messaged Tesla yesterday to get my Roadster added to My Tesla (it's just the generic Model S sales options in there at the mo).

They called me first thing this morning and said they have my Roadster on the database and will prioritise me, but it will not show up on MT as Roadsters don't.

They're mistaken. My Roadster has been on my MyTesla account since the beginning ... and is still there.

My Roadster didn't show up in MT the first few years (2nd owner), and I finally really chased it a few months ago. (I think I used the email shown upthread, mentioning VIN, address, and I believe my last annual service info).

MT now shows a Roadster icon. The icon is a generic 2.5, shown in black with the cast Al wheels, but the correct VIN is shown. And it's pretty stunning how happy I get to see it each time I log in.:D