Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Xs in Buena Park Showroom & Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped of my Model S for service in Buena Park this morning and found many model Xs waiting...

Here is my post (with pictures) I did on random X sightings earlier:

Random Model X sightings - Page 151

More picts above, but here is one more:
IMG_7360.jpg

Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing.

The Buena Park Service Plus location also has used Model S for sale, though they don't sit gathering dust due to brisk sales.

It's a great location to check inventory, take a test drive and enjoy sitting in the new vehicles in the show room.

Dropped by today to pick up a tire repair kit and saw the Meet Model X event going on. Never seen a Model X in the flesh before, and the red one was gorgeous. Model X is really beautiful in person.

I managed to snap a quick pic on my way out of a titanium Model X.

IMG_20160212_140948.jpg

I stopped by on 2/14 to check out the quality differences between my teenage VIN and these production models. Great news, all the quality features of the Signature models are in the production versions shown. IMHO, only badging and Sig Red paint are not used.

IMG_2614.JPG

I am also finding a similar build quality in the production vehicles. That makes me feel better about having my early VIN, the factory work has been top notch from the start. Some of the things I felt needed improvement, appear to be normal for now. Do you need an example? The falcon wing doors may not rise properly in direct hot sunshine. The work around Tesla staff used helps other X owners know that they are not alone. Take a look at the photo of the compressed air that provided door metal cooling when the freon was sprayed on the sensor area. (I use the override button or the key fob instead.)

IMG_2617.JPG

Ultra White synthetic perforated seat material needs extra protection from sharp objects when using. About a half dozen tears combined could be seen in the three Model X with the Ultra White Seats. The Tesla staff mentioned that their signage was to blame, along with one person with car keys. On the positive side, the Ultra White synthetic stays cleaner and did not appear to have the same type of creases and raises as the leather did. However, NO tears could be found in the black or tan leather Model X. The creases and raised leather is a normal part of this quality of leather with the tan or black seats.

Ultra White Damag.jpg
IMG_2636.JPG
IMG_2638.JPG

The windshield edges showing a slight amount of pillar content is only visible on occasion, but it is unlike Model S. At least I know it is normal and you have to make an effort to look for it. The design does provide more window view area and no extra parts to cause squeaks or creaks.

Something new has been added during the software updates. When lowering the rear seats, the 2nd row moves forward a bit. That will help prevent scratches on the head rest plastic back or the 2nd row seat backs.

The traveling Meet Model X tour will next appear in Costa Mesa, San Diego, Arizona and continue eastward.

Last edited:
Ultra White synthetic perforated seat material needs extra protection from sharp objects when using. About a half dozen tears combined could be seen in the three Model X with the Ultra White Seats. The Tesla staff mentioned that their signage was to blame, along with one person with car keys. On the positive side, the Ultra White synthetic stays cleaner and did not appear to have the same type of creases and raises as the leather did. However, NO tears could be found in the black or tan leather Model X. The creases and raised leather is a normal part of this quality of leather with the tan or black seats.

Mark, thank you for sharing. Your observation on the fragility of the synthetic seat material convinced me to go with leather interior when it is time to configure my X. It is a pity though, I really like the contrast of the white. My current ride is a Mercedes E with black synthetic and perforated seats, and after 18 month of abuse (family with two small kids) it is holding up well. After a decent clean up they still look like new. So I am a bit puzzled about the reported issue. A compromise for my configuration would be the tan leather to achieve contrast and airy feeling, but I still worry about stains. I had black interior in almost all cars and would like a change, but it is probably still the safest bet.

...Your observation on the fragility of the synthetic seat material convinced me to go with leather interior when it is time to configure my X. It is a pity though, I really like the contrast of the white...
The Tesla staffers mentioned their large signs were the major reason for the damage. They place the folded or rolled signs in the Model X as they are driven to the next location. It was mentioned that one visitor did damage the seats with car keys.

Meet Model X.jpg

IMHO, in normal use, the Ultra White Synthetic should hold up. There was another interesting situation at the event, the use of baby seats. I noticed a protective material being used on one seat. No one pointed to the seats as a cause, but it might be something to consider.

IMG_2639.JPG

Here is another view of the signs and the metal base that may have caused some seat damage according to those running the event.

IMG_2662.JPG

Last edited:
The Tesla staffers mentioned their large signs were the major reason for the damage. They place the folded or rolled signs in the Model X as they are driven to the next location. It was mentioned that one visitor did damage the seats with car keys.

They threw the metal signs on the seats rather than in the trunk? That would probably be outside the design envelope of most interiors. Still, no such damage was observed on the leather interiors (assuming they were subject to the same abuse). I initially got concerned when reading the Perforated seats durability thread (picture below). I still have plenty of time to decide, so probably better awaiting more reviews from users after more field use.

attachment.php?attachmentid=110523&d=1454732648.jpg

While I was at the Buena Park event I saw kids doing things in the Xs that would have earned them an old fashioned spanking or worse. Dirty shoes all over the white leather, climbing, and flailing about every inch of the interior, feet of screen etc, and attempt to drag the demo luggage in and out across the frunks paint. The Tesla people just smiled and marched on to their credit.

So, there may be a bargain X available soon!

While I was at the Buena Park event I saw kids doing things in the Xs that would have earned them an old fashioned spanking or worse. Dirty shoes all over the white leather, climbing, and flailing about every inch of the interior, feet of screen etc, and attempt to drag the demo luggage in and out across the frunks paint. The Tesla people just smiled and marched on to their credit.

Clearly you were not at the reveal. Basically the same behavior but the ages were older. The acorn does not fall far from the tree so to speak.

Elon's interior looked trashed by about 10pm. I would guess they gutted it and gave him a whole new interior.

I will add that while I could understand the adults taking photos of their kids in the rear trunk, the ultimate jaw drop was an adult male attempting to lay down and fit in the rear trunk. Sorry, no photo, but it did happen with the static Model X that was parked inside next to the food and beverages.

Thanks for the warning. I will be extra careful when I got my car but I will still take the risk. I'm sure a good shop will be able to fix those small tears if that happend.