Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideas for temporarily mounting front plate?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many Tesla owners, I strongly prefer to forgo mounting the front plate. Unfortunately, here in CO, this is illegal. My solution has been to park on private property (rather than on the street).

But recently I have had no choice and have had to park on the street. I received my first $75 parking ticket yesterday.

I have decided I would like to temporarily mount my front plate, but unsure how best to do this. The mounting bracket is in the frunk (the service center did not mount it when I told them I didn't want a front plate).

Ideas?!

I did the magnetic thing on my car. It works, but ended up leaving scratches on the nose cone. You might have better luck putting some cloth between the magnets to avoid scratching. In the end, I just mounted my plate, knowing that if it ever becomes legal to forego the plate I can just order a new nose cone for a few hundred bucks.

What I really want is a cheap way to put the plate on a stationary car, just for the occasional time I need to park on the street. I would remove it as soon as I started driving again.

But the nose cone is smooth and has no attachment points.

Also, this is a leased car, so I don't want to do anything that would damage it.