Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't connect to the car through the app.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't connect from late yesterday afternoon onward. Connected immediately just now...but, when I went out to the car this morning the center display didn't come on. I did a reboot and all has seemed well. So I'm not sure if it was a server issue as occurs occasionally, or if it was something with my computer being buggy. I'm leaning toward it being something in my car as the browser seemed slow as well.

I couldn't connect from late yesterday afternoon onward. Connected immediately just now...but, when I went out to the car this morning the center display didn't come on. I did a reboot and all has seemed well. So I'm not sure if it was a server issue as occurs occasionally, or if it was something with my computer being buggy. I'm leaning toward it being something in my car as the browser seemed slow as well.

Could have been a server issue. Server seems to flare up once in a while and usually coincides with people getting an app update and playing around with the app. Update for Remote S came out in the middle of this week, so it might have had an impact, since a significant number of Tesla owners have that app.

I had the same issue since past 2 days. Could not connect for 2 days.

This morning when I was charging the center display went poof...came back once I opened the door.

Don't know what is going on:scared:

I know you know this. The sequence is:

Spinning circle, no text = phone to server.

Waking car = server to car.

Connecting = bidirectional car to server communication.

It helps to know where in the chain the failure occurs.

I know you know this. The sequence is:

Spinning circle, no text = phone to server.

Waking car = server to car.

Connecting = bidirectional car to server communication.

It helps to know where in the chain the failure occurs.

Good to know. Thanks.
It seems to be working fine now, but it was 2 days of no connection.
I'd have spinning circle some times and other times it say waking up car until it timed out.