Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your budget for the Model lll?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed several people posting a budget for the much anticipated model lll and thought it would be interesting to maintain a thread on the subject.

Personally, I will budget 50 to 65k for my Model lll. My priorities are range, leather, and performance. Although, I may purchase a 35K model for my daughter.

Needs: 260 + range, power seats, nav, leather, AWD and Autopilot.
Wants: 4.2 second 0-60, pano, rear spoiler, appearance package

Will be fun for sure!

Last edited:
Mid 50s for me. I hope that will get me one with a lot of creature comforts, but just not a "P" version. I want leather, power seats, navigation, nice audio, the biggest battery. I care less about getting a performance option since I'll bet the regular performance will be quite snappy, and I will compromise on a RWD vs an AWD if I have to (don't live anywhere snowy).

oh, I forgot supercharger access. Definitely buying that.

Somewhere in the 50s. My priorities would be range, AP and AWD, nice to haves would be Pano Roof and upgraded interior. Do not care about sound (to me standard is fine) and any P version. That is what we have on our 70D and we love it.

If history is any guide, whatever it takes to check all the boxes. I tend to get a little over-zealous when checking boxes on a car order sheet. :biggrin:

But then again, I'll keep it for ~10 years...

NEEDS: AWD, Range, AP, Cold weather package
WANTS: Performance/Ludicrous/maybe an "appearance package" if Tesla goes that route.

Basically, if I can get wants AND needs in under 60K, I'm good.....if I go over that, I'll have to start un-checking "wants" boxes.

Last edited:
Same. Unfortunately with the Aussie dollar so crap it's a $50,000 car for us at $35K. $50K put it up against some pretty nice competition (non-EV though of course).

I would guess the same competition it has in the US, since the exchange rate will make all cars more expensive. In the conference call Elon reiterated that they expect the Model 3 to compete in the same class as the BMW 3 series and the Audi A4.

I've noticed several people posting a budget for the much anticipated model lll and thought it would be interesting to maintain a thread on the subject.
Personally, I will budget 50 to 65k for my Model lll. My priorities are range, leather, and performance. Although, I may purchase a 35K model for my daughter.
Needs: 260 + range, power seats, nav, leather, AWD and Autopilot.
Wants: 4.2 second 0-60, pano, rear spoiler, appearance package
Will be fun for sure!
If you are willing to spend 65k for a Tesla, why not just buy a 70D today?
That is about how much one would cost after the tax credits.

If you are willing to spend 65k for a Tesla, why not just buy a 70D today?
That is about how much one would cost after the tax credits.

You could be in a situation like mine....a one-car garage in a townhouse, where I would likely need to smear vasoline down the sides to get a Model S in the door....but a "20% smaller" Model 3? No problem.

(Although.....I'd only have to manually get the S in there ONCE....after that, I could just use Summon to "put it away" at night.

You could be in a situation like mine....a one-car garage in a townhouse, where I would likely need to smear vasoline down the sides to get a Model S in the door....but a "20% smaller" Model 3? No problem.

(Although.....I'd only have to manually get the S in there ONCE....after that, I could just use Summon to "put it away" at night.

I'm in the same situation, townhouse with a single car garage that wouldn't fit a Model S. I'm willing to budget up to $70K given our province just upped the EV rebates to $14K yesterday! Talk about perfect timing!!

I guess I am thinking $35k will be singe-motor drive 0-60 < 7 seconds. I can live with whatever there. I would keep standard textile seats and then hope for a battery upgrade at $7.5k, autopilot at $2.5k, supercharger at $2k, and paint at $1k. So $47k. But honestly a lot can change in the 2-5 years between reservation and order so who knows how wealthy I will feel by then.

Depends on the canadian dollar value (and the value of $TSLA at that point :) )

Winter package and good range is probably all we want...
If "retractable door handles" like on the S is an option I will be extremely tempted to pay for that ! :biggrin:

edit : Oh yeah, definitly Autopilot, and counting on Supercharger to be included in the base price

Last edited: