Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lawrence showroom open late for Model 3 event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that Elon confirmed that reservations for Model 3 start on March 31 in stores, does anyone know if the Lawrence location might be open late that night for the event? Were they open the night of the D reveal?
if they are I'm going down for any party they're having and put down 2 deposits.

Given that Elon confirmed that reservations for Model 3 start on March 31 in stores, does anyone know if the Lawrence location might be open late that night for the event? Were they open the night of the D reveal?
if they are I'm going down for any party they're having and put down 2 deposits.

I'm wondering the same thing as well. I live very close to Yorkdale, so next time I'm there I'll bug the associates to see if they have any info on how the in-store deposits will work. :tongue:

I'm pretty sure the stores were not open late for the D reveal...but remember, the D reveal was a surprise event, subject wise...this event will be about the Model 3 & signing up on the reservation list...I think it would be a good idea to do this...probably good publicity too...

I feel a cold coming on, but I'm really torn about whether or not there is any value in going there to line up/deal with possible madness versus signing in from the comforts of home and paying me 1k that way the following morning.

:cool:

Well, as folks have been suggesting, could be like a mini-launch party of our own! I think that would justify some craziness (plus we can plan it out together so we're all ahead of the craziness!)

When did they start taking orders for the Model X?

To answer my own question- pre orders for the Model X began in Feb 2012 according to Wikipedia.

Following the the same timetable would mean that we see the first Model 3s in Canada around the middle of 2020.

Last edited:
When did they start taking orders for the Model X?

To answer my own question- pre orders for the Model X began in Feb 2012 according to Wikipedia.

Following the the same timetable would mean that we see the first Model 3s in Canada around the middle of 2020.
So.....soon you're saying?
I think I'll wait and see. But are $1000 deposits transferable to other models generally?