Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

Reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

• Reserving at the reveal

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Reserving at a store

Votes: 302 63.7%
  • Reserving online

Votes: 156 32.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to wait in line, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. The nearest store is 100km away and I think I have other commitments that night. Will have to make do with online reservation.
Hopefully a highly optioned car will help boost delivery date.

I would definitely prefer to reserve in-store, but it will also depend on how it's handled and at what time. As much as I'd like to be closer to the "front of the line", I don't want to wait around, late into the night to do it either.. Kind of like how I avoid Black Friday shopping

Unfortunately, I'll be a week into two months of military training. Hopefully my fiancee reserves one for us (she will!).

If it wasn't for that I think I'd go to the nearest gallery (3 hours away). It would be fun to be part of that experience. The lines will make national headlines.

TSLA will be above 200 by April.

Lines at stores, seriously?? there wont be any lines come on folks this isn't an iPhone. They'll make a few thousand reservations and have a few hundred people across their stores on day 1. Believe it or not most people don't even know about the model 3 and car buying is remotely different to cell phone buying.

Lines at stores, seriously?? there wont be any lines come on folks this isn't an iPhone. They'll make a few thousand reservations and have a few hundred people across their stores on day 1. Believe it or not most people don't even know about the model 3 and car buying is remotely different to cell phone buying.
You are joking right? they are gonna fire up the PR machine going into March. Watch

There will almost certainly be lines at some stores.

I would say there will easily be > 10,000 reservations on Day 1. Sure this doesn't compare to the demand for an iPhone, but Tesla also has a tiny fraction of retail employees compared to Apple. The stores will be busy.

Of course you are correct. OTOH, I will fly from Rio de Janeiro to Miami on the 30th so I can join the (non-existent) queue at the Dadeland store. Luckily the Apple store is only a few steps away so they're well prepared for the (non-existent) queues. If it turns out that there really are no queues I'll still be the first one at the store; if there are I'll be one of the first.

The number of current Tesla owners and prospects who have been saying they'll reserve one without knowing the price, features, appearance or down payment seems large, but I have no idea how many of those there are. Still, just think of all the Leaf owners, Volt owners as well as existing Tesla customers. That will be a qualified enthusiastic base of more than 100,000 buyers. Forget about expanding the market. Then add the millions of hybrid owners from several manufacturers. Forget about expanding the market again. The order list will be very, very high. Tesla will be production-constrained and the biggest issue will be constraining Elon's propensity to go too far.

By the time 2018 comes around the planned size will easily accommodate 80 kWh or even more, giving optional range well in excess of 300 miles. The cheap version will still beat 200 miles handily because the Model 3 must be better than the Bolt for range. Suddenly lots of wanna-be's will see they can really do it, with Superchargers too.

I do not think I am overly optimistic, just realistic. Maintaining realism I expect 2018 delivery anyway.