Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 reservations ($1000 down) will be accepted in Tesla stores....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IT'S ALMOST HERE!!:

Model 3 reservations ($1000 down) will be accepted in Tesla stores on March 31 and online April 1

Ktowntslafan on Twitter:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting.. And drives the point home that it (the Model 3) really IS coming. The timing could hardly be better for me. 3/31 is a Thursday and I have the following day off. I might just take a personal day and head down to Natick MA to put down a deposit rather than wait for Friday (when you can put the deposit down online).

This is going to be HUGE. Tesla is going to get so much press over this. In some ways the pre order deposit of $1K and no Sigature series is a shot over GMs bow with the Bolt. Even though GM is going for the low end market with the Bolt, Tesla is going to give BMW and Audi ulcers when the numbers start coming out.
Now all we need is to see what this thing looks like and what the general range and options will be hinted at.

Prudent move to keep the deposit amount low because the Model 3 may not be eligible for the $7500 federal tax credit. If demand for Model S and X remains strong in 2016 and 2017, Tesla may have already sold its 200,000th U.S. vehicle before the model 3 ever begins production, meaning no federal tax credit on Model 3.

Prudent move to keep the deposit amount low because the Model 3 may not be eligible for the $7500 federal tax credit. If demand for Model S and X remains strong in 2016 and 2017, Tesla may have already sold its 200,000th U.S. vehicle before the model 3 ever begins production, meaning no federal tax credit on Model 3.

There is a phase-out period so it does not end right away once the 200k is sold

Interesting.. And drives the point home that it (the Model 3) really IS coming. The timing could hardly be better for me. 3/31 is a Thursday and I have the following day off. I might just take a personal day and head down to Natick MA to put down a deposit rather than wait for Friday (when you can put the deposit down online).
As March approaches, I realize that model 3, rather than an aspiration is to become a reality. For years, it was a distant objective but now there is nothing standing in the way. I am almost emotional about it. I know it's not the end of the road but it is going to represent a dramatic change in the company and an acceleration in a transport revolution

You dont have accurate info. We are not near the 200K number of US sales. 2018 will probably be ok.

Perhaps you don't have accurate info.Tesla has delivered ~65k US vehicles. Tesla may very well have 200k US deliveries by the time Model 3 is delivered en masse (not a dozen hand built ones.)

Anyways the Federal Credit is good for 2 quarters after 200k sales are reached.

I am sure Tesla will deliver the 200kth one on the first day of a quarter. Giving three quarters of full credit. Two additional quarters at 50% credit. Two more quarters of 25% credit. Then expiring.

Unless of course Congress expands the program or reconfigures it somehow.

Hi,

I posted a detailed message about the 200,000 limit HERE. It looks like about 17,500 Model 3 buyers in the USA will get the full federal tax credits according to my calculation. It could be less but not very likely that it will be more.

Update:
What this means is, unless you put down a deposit in-store on the 31st of March or online on 1st Apr, your chances of getting the full federal tax credits is greatly reduced. Most people who are a few days late will get half of the full amount.

Last edited:
Hi,

I posted a detailed message about the 200,000 limit HERE. It looks like about 17,500 Model 3 buyers in the USA will get the full federal tax credits according to my calculation. It could be less but not very likely that it will be more.

Update:
What this means is, unless you put down a deposit in-store on the 31st of March or online on 1st Apr, your chances of getting the full federal tax credits is greatly reduced. Most people who are a few days late will get half of the full amount.
I disagree. High optioned cars built first so many reservations placed early will be skipped if not high options. Also many will delay purchase order as has been the case with the model s and x