Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: $1000 reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shutupandtakemymoney.jpeg

i don't really understand how this works, though. If the unveiling is on the 31st, how are in store reservations supposed to work? Reservations sight unseen? Early day launch party?

- - - Updated - - -

Elon also just confirmed: no Signature series.

Elon Musk on Twitter:

No Signature Red paint. I really, really wanted it. :-(

This is the medias fault. If they weren't so inept or malicious (your choice) when printing the sig series cost as the base model cost, I bet we would have a go at sigs. Can't have nice things.

i don't really understand how this works, though. If the unveiling is on the 31st, how are in store reservations supposed to work? Reservations sight unseen? Early day launch party?

Maybe, in keeping with the for-the-masses vibe, they will have unwilling parties at all the stores instead of a single event for the rich and famous?

Alright I will be in on April 1st (really, April fools day?). I was gonna hold off and be prudent about this, but with the reservation only at $1000 I am going to throw caution to the wind and reserve a spot.

This will be the first time I have ever put $$ down on a car sight unseen and un-test driven. Should be a fun experience

Sooo..... what time do you think the website will go live? Midnight PST? 8AM PST?

Last edited:
... BUT, April 1st can't be the best day to start accepting online reservations. :)

Good point. I will be in a store on March 31st, first thing in the morning. Now I kind of wish that I lived on the East Coast, just so I could get into a store 3 hours earlier. And at $1k, I WILL be making to pre-orders.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooo..... what time do you think the website will go live? Midnight PST? 8AM PST?

Knowing Tesla, it'll go live around 11:53pm PST.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the medias fault. If they weren't so inept or malicious (your choice) when printing the sig series cost as the base model cost, I bet we would have a go at sigs. Can't have nice things.
No, it's Tesla's fault for not releasing any other numbers than that signature price. The only thing that came at some point was a tweet from Elon about 5k more than a Model S. All Tesla has to do is put the configurator online in time, even if it's just a demo to play around.

Maybe, in keeping with the for-the-masses vibe, they will have unwilling parties at all the stores instead of a single event for the rich and famous?

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. They will have a single event "for the rich and famous" - or just invited ;) AND they may have "unwilling parties" at the local stores showing the real party online on big screen and maybe even a prototype (in some shops) to look at?

I'll be reserving on April 1. Even if I cancel it down the road I will feel good about having given Elon a loan to get this thing on the road. Hopefully he let's me ride in the BEV Millenium Falcon replica in the lair under his house.