Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 Shareholder Letter is up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

omarsultan

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2013
Northern California
  • $179 million positive core operational cash flow in Q4 2015
  • Model S deliveries increased 76% year on year in Q4 2015
  • Reaffirming plan for about 60-80% new vehicle sales growth in 2016
  • Model S gross margin tracking toward 30% by Q4 2016
  • Beginning in March, expecting net cash flow positive for remainder of 2016 with ABL
  • Planning for full year 2016 non-GAAP profitability, GAAP profit in Q4 2016
  • Model 3 unveiling is March 31st; on schedule for production & deliveries in late 2017

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...3C-4892824F058D/Q4_15_Tesla_Update_Letter.pdf

I can never understand the market. Why is the stock up when they had a MASSIVE unexpected earnings loss??? weren't they expected to show profit of .10c/share but instead they are reporting major major major loss at .87c/share. just wow.
At first glance their letter makes it look like they crushed it, people react to that much quicker. I suspect the hype will settle back down after an article or two from someone pointing out the negatives.

I can never understand the market. Why is the stock up when they had a MASSIVE unexpected earnings loss??? weren't they expected to show profit of .10c/share but instead they are reporting major major major loss at .87c/share. just wow.

Did you bother to read the report? Massive growth this year, increasing demand (price of gas irrelevant when it comes to Tesla sales), increasing gross margins, positive cash flow this year without capital raise, etc., etc.

What was the guidance given at this time last year with regard to unit sales for 2015. Have seen a lot of snarky remarks about it doesnt matter what Tesla says they dont hit those marks. If I recall correctly didnt Tesla just miss the initial estimates by a couple thousand units.

What was the guidance given at this time last year with regard to unit sales for 2015. Have seen a lot of snarky remarks about it doesnt matter what Tesla says they dont hit those marks. If I recall correctly didnt Tesla just miss the initial estimates by a couple thousand units.

IIRC, the initial guidance was for 55K, mid-year they revised that downward (I would guess because they saw the MX ramp would be later and slower) then ended up beating the low end of their guidance.