Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV incentives upped to $14K... and decreased to $3k for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, not sure why they put in $75K - $150K clause. What if I order an P90DL X? That'll be more than $150K... does that mean I can get the full $14K for that?
I know exactly why they put that in there, GM asked for it. They don't want it going to the model S or X, they want the money going to the bolt. as for the 150 top end, I bet if you read further it's probably zero for vehicles over 150

• Disagree
Reactions: Tanquen
I know exactly why they put that in there, GM asked for it. They don't want it going to the model S or X, they want the money going to the bolt. as for the 150 top end, I bet if you read further it's probably zero for vehicles over 150
My goodness. GM really is the boogeyman around here. The ELR and the CT6 PHEV will also have their rebate capped at $3k. And the Model 3 will qualify as well.

Could be that giving rebates for luxury vehicles was seen as politically unwise.

- - - Updated - - -

So this was announced today... anybody know when these new rules will kick in?

Effective today.

Reactions: Tanquen
My goodness. GM really is the boogeyman around here. The ELR and the CT6 PHEV will also have their rebate capped at $3k. And the Model 3 will qualify as well.

Could be that giving rebates for luxury vehicles was seen as politically unwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Effective today.
The ELR was discontinued, the CT6 doesn't exist as of yet.

The incentive for Tesla's are capped at $ 3000.00 because of the price.

So the question I have is there is an additional rebate for larger KW batteries $ 3000.00 and $1000.00 5 or more passengers, SO DOES IT QUALIFY for those?

Is it written that's it's effective immediately? Trying to find on the govnt site however there is no mention of
effective immediately with no transition timeline or phase out period.

In the original link I found the following
This announcement is retroactive to Jan. 1, so the Liberals say anyone who bought an electric vehicle already this year can apply.

The statement about being retroactive to Jan 1st sounds brutal for anyone who bought a Model-S! So if you bought a Model-S this year, you are suddenly now expecting to receive $5500 less?

But does the retroactive date apply to the purchase date or the date your application for the incentive was fill in? I'm in a bit of a head scratcher at the moment. I purchased a new 70D in December 2015, but I'm not getting it until next week.

Here is a link to the announcement:

Ontario Making Electric Vehicles More Affordable

IMG_00004481.jpg

20160210_Ontario_EV_Incentive_Program_Announcement.jpg
20160210_Ontario_EV_Incentive_Program_Announcement_1.jpg
20160210_Ontario_EV_Incentive_Program_Announcement_2.jpg

This is the best news ever for those of us waiting for Model 3!!!! We don't know all the details yet on what they mean by bigger battery size or what Model 3 will have in terms of a battery but if GM is behind this then a 60Kwh battery is "big" and we should easily be able to claim the full $14K!!! I'm stoked!!