Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy Birthday 4091

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started to write this in another thread, and realized that our car was delivered 3 years ago today...Feb 9, 2013.

Our S was produced in late January 2013, and delivered on February 9, 2013. The last time it was in for its yearly service, the center commented on how nice the car looked, and that it looks nicer than many of the newer cars they see. Our S85 (standard 85) does everything we want it to do, plus more. I have had it upgraded with the rear C/F spoiler, aluminum pedals and some little tweaks, but it is essentially the car we ordered and received back in February 2013. We received our car 3 years ago today, and still get the Tesla Smile.

After having the car 3 years, we still really enjoy it. Does it have the latest bells and whistles - no, but I still like the car. Initially I planned to have it a minimum of 10 years. 3 years into ownership, I still feel that way. Has the car been perfect - no, but TESLA has always taken care of us in a highly professional way. Kudos to both the service centers in Tampa and Orlando (the Orlando center was not open when we received our S, so everything was done through the Tampa center). We have had the following items addressed in 3 years of ownership:

New battery pack - we had a cell go bad in our A pack within the first 6 months of ownership, and it was replaced with a new B pack.
New Drive Unit
Door handles updated and replaced.
Dash pad replaced due to defect noted at delivery
A couple of rattles in the dash taken care of due to securing screws not being tightened during assembly
12 V battery replaced twice (the first due to the bad cell in the main battery pack)

It would be nice to have the park sensors, but I don't so I don't miss them.
It would maybe be nice to have the autopilot, but I don't and I don't know how it would work effectively with all the older snowbirds here in Florida anyway, as many of them seem to drive with a mind of their own regardless....
So...although it would be nice to have these newer features, I am happy with my S85 the way it is. Plus, it would cost me way too much to upgrade to a newer version, and frankly I feel that I would not be getting that much more for my money.

I guess you could say that we were an "Early Tesla Adopter". We received one of the first Model S cars in central Florida.

I have always said that what makes any company stand out is how they take care of their customers when things do not go as planned. Throughout 3 years of TESLA ownership as of today, I can say that in all circumstances they have stepped up to the plate, taken care of issues, and always made sure that as an owner and Early Tesla Adopter that I have been well taken care of. Ultimately, I think that is what counts.

Thanks TESLA - 3 years and counting.....

Congrats and thanks again for all the great wheel cap decals.
Is there anything you really miss:

- folding mirrors
- parking sensors
- AP
- etc.

My wife's car has the first two and they do come in handy...

Congrats and thanks again for all the great wheel cap decals.
Is there anything you really miss:

- folding mirrors
- parking sensors
- AP
- etc.

My wife's car has the first two and they do come in handy...

Thanks Ed. I do have folding mirrors....instead of pushing a button, I simply push the mirror with my hand when I get out of the car and feel I need to fold them in! ;)
Parking sensors would be nice, but instead I just turn my head and look.

Rogbmw...

Congrats! My baby turns 3 in a couple of weeks. 36K wonderful miles. Going to get a new drive train with this annual check (milling noise for 18K miles). Had my GPS replaced. Had two 12V batteries replace. Other than that, my green car has been the best car I've ever had. I have driven her all over the western third of the country. My Tesla SC folks are the best. As for the rest of your post, I feel exactly the same as you. When I retire, I will upgrade. And someone will get a great Classic MS.