Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers under construction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tezzla

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2013
SoCal
What's up peeps? Where are all of the construction sites? The only 2 shown as active (in Cali) are both over 110 days since starting.
I'm guessing there are 8-10 construction crews around the country at any time?

sc.jpg

Past years suggest that most construction happens in the summer months and most permits are issued in the spring/summer according to my "reliable source" (my memory of past postings here :eek:). Thus we usually see modest activity during the winter months. Some blue circles on Supercharge.info do have entertaining suppositions, though: e.g.
Rivière du Loup, QC
311, boul. Hôtel-de-Ville

winter?? there is no such a thing south of San Antonio and there is no such a thing as a SuperCharger south of San Antono either enventhough there are a lot of us owners here and there used to be a project to put one as far as i can tell last year.
BUT it seems like Tesla dont care to sell cars South of San Antonio either.....

Why is this in the Model X subforum?
Right.

The idea of winter having some affect on construction does not seem accurate. They just completed Mammoth Lakes SC in the dead of winter with many heavy snowfalls. If they can build one there, than they can build them elsewhere with greater ease. Looking at the superchage.info site, there is a paucity of construction and permits. In fact, since December 1st, there have been only 5 new additions to the map. If you look at November, there were 10 additions in that month alone.

Your State gov't is too anti direct sales. So I am quite sure that Tesla is thinking "why would I build out TX?". Hopefully the tides will change and TX will change their POV. I think that Tesla definitely wants to sell in your state. It's a huge and profitable market.

winter?? there is no such a thing south of San Antonio and there is no such a thing as a SuperCharger south of San Antono either enventhough there are a lot of us owners here and there used to be a project to put one as far as i can tell last year.
BUT it seems like Tesla dont care to sell cars South of San Antonio either.....

Your State gov't is too anti direct sales. So I am quite sure that Tesla is thinking "why would I build out TX?". Hopefully the tides will change and TX will change their POV. I think that Tesla definitely wants to sell in your state. It's a huge and profitable market.
That is one chieldish thinking, money is money, if they want to get the gov to change their ways they need the people power to do so, their marketing people are sleeeping if they yet to realise that this is not only the gateway to Mexico, the amount of doctors, lawyers and rich people from Mexico with property in the Valley and South Padre Island is also huge, and guess what... all this people come here to shop and spend their money on a daily basis.
Someone needs to wakeup fast....

There were some discussions about this in the investor sub-forum. My guess is they are putting a halt on new constructions to show Wall Street they are not burning cash as they were in 2015. Yes I know SC are cheap, but every dime counts before X ramp up.

There were two crews in the northeast working continuously for the 2nd half of 2015. They both seem to have finished up now as it doesn't appear there are any under construction now.

I think you're blowing smoke. Maybe they're having some well deserved time off while ground is too hard to dig. Maybe they're hard at work somewhere else that you just don't know about. Unless you're following them around, how do you know one way or the other? Tesla doesn't announce their construction.

I think you're blowing smoke. Maybe they're having some well deserved time off while ground is too hard to dig. Maybe they're hard at work somewhere else that you just don't know about. Unless you're following them around, how do you know one way or the other? Tesla doesn't announce their construction.

Check out this thread. The pattern is pretty darn clear. Its quite possible they've started on a new unknown site, but two of them? Seems pretty unlikely given how good the collective is at finding them.

And ground to hard to dig? A. They aren't digging these with a shovel you know... and B. Thats never stopped them before.

Check out this thread. The pattern is pretty darn clear. Its quite possible they've started on a new unknown site, but two of them? Seems pretty unlikely given how good the collective is at finding them.

And ground to hard to dig? A. They aren't digging these with a shovel you know... and B. Thats never stopped them before.

Someone else mentioned it being too hard to dig; I was being sarcastic. But even the thread you pointed at says they wonder where the teams are...

Just as an update, there are a grand total of 2 (two) SC's under construction across the entire US. We have talked about this before, but now the Model X is actually here and shipping. Supercharger progress has really slowed down a lot. A sales rep at my local showroom told me the other day that he was at a TM meeting where they announced a "doubling" of SC locations within the next year. The current progress does not suggest that.