Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dogs riding in X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, what's your experience with a dog in the 6 seater?
Just changed my order from a 7 seater to 6 after reading some of the comments in another thread. Wondering how you secure your dog in the 6 seater config. Ou Labrador/staffords will need to learn not to sit on the 2nd seat rows anymore. A bit worried about the dog 'walking around' in the car while driving.
Xavier

Took our 2 boxers (80# and 60#) to the gallery when we ordered. They fit fine for short trips. For long trips the 2nd row goes forward to the 3rd row access position, luggage behind the seats to fill the gap and level it, then mat and blankets over the luggage to give them lots of head room. There is a photo on another thread of using a pet smart style barrier that we may try also. 6 seat config, just took delivery. Also ordered Evannex pet liner to protect the interior as boxers tend to drool :)

40207149-A865-4F53-B93E-A5DD2A5B843B.JPG

I give my dog some good bourbon to sip on.

• Funny
Reactions: MTOman and Lu Ann
We chose the multi-pattern cloth seats for our X. We have the ToughPro winter floor mats so when the dogs ride with us we put the third row down and ordered two of these for the second row seats.

Amazon.com: Premium Waterproof Car Seat Protector - Universal Fit - Made from Neoprene - Cover and Protect Your Seat from Stains, Sweat, Dirt, Dogs, and Odors - Ideal for After Workouts, Yoga, Crossfit, the Beach: Automotive

They are awesome. Easy to slide over the seat and they stay put. They can also be thrown in the washing machine. We did leave them hanging up for a couple of days because they are neoprene. That was all they needed to air out and get rid of any odor.