Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmation at 12:01 Midnight Tonight - Need Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my story. I ordered the Tesla Model S 70 last Sunday. This whole week has been killing me, anticipating tonight's confirmation. Last night I was debating whether or not to go with the 85. Is the extra 40 miles worth it?

Side question. How do I view my iPhone playlists on my Tesla. I know there's no direct link via USB. My BMW currently can view playlists, songs, etc while over Bluetooth. Is this possible or should I do a feature request?

Thank you!

Sam

Soon to be Tesla Owner

Do the 85.

Once you get the car, you will find reasons to drive it everywhere.
Even if you never plan to get below 39 rated miles in a 85, you have that extra bit of comfort over a 70.
In the EV world, Real world range is everything.
Cold weather alone can alter what you think vs. what you (now) KNOW, and significant cold weather alone would cause me to get an 85.

The only thing I'd pony up for ahead of the bigger battery is the Autopilot feature. If you don't need the range then you're probably commuting in the S and you will absolutely love how AP lowers your stress levels at the end of a stop-and-go commute.

As to your other question, playlist integration with iOS devices is underwhelming. You can see what's currently playing from your bluetooth-connected device, skip tracks forward and backward, and control the volume. That's about it.

Last edited:
Here's my story. I ordered the Tesla Model S 70 last Sunday. This whole week has been killing me, anticipating tonight's confirmation. Last night I was debating whether or not to go with the 85. Is the extra 40 miles worth it?

Side question. How do I view my iPhone playlists on my Tesla. I know there's no direct link via USB. My BMW currently can view playlists, songs, etc while over Bluetooth. Is this possible or should I do a feature request?

Thank you!

Sam

Soon to be Tesla Owner

Always go with range...

Jeff

Go with 85D, it is a no brainer. $10000 USD give you the extra range AND also one second faster for 0-60mph time. It is a huge performance and range boost. 85 also has faster supercharger time, and you will use less extreme upper and lower State of Charge for the battery.

Final decision...

Tesla Model S 85
- Midnight Silver Metallic
- Black Next Gen Seats
- 19" Wheels (Brooklyn has some potholes)
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Rear Wheel Drive
- AutoPilot
- Subzero Weather Package

That's perfect; you'll enjoy it. And I hope you get it in time to use the heated steering wheel this winter: it's almost sinful how much I love that little feature.

Looks like you were one of the last to be able to confirm a RWD 85: with the recent changes in the Design Studio it seems that the only RWD car Tesla sells is the 70.

Last edited: