Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla producing by similar configurations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may or may not be old news for people, but I didn't understand why people who had later confirmation dates were getting their cars first before others. And I didn't see any explanations. This is what I got from my DS: Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) are created in sequence only when the Tesla Factory receives the confirmed order. Our Factory builds vehicles similar in configuration together in order to optimize production and to increase efficiency. Customer vehicles also have to be shipped all over the world, so some higher VIN vehicles may not have to travel as far from the factory to reach a customer. Because of that VIN's don't have a direct correlation to the actual vehicle's readiness for delivery. I hope this helps.

Yea I learned about this when my DS told me that VINs aren't the order of the cars being produced. I wonder if color is also batched.

I was told the\at color was one of the primary factors is batching.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I learned about this when my DS told me that VINs aren't the order of the cars being produced. I wonder if color is also batched.

I was told the\at color was one of the primary factors is batching.