Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Anyone Have Experience with the Trip Planner After 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have on the Model S. Help me understand what you mean by "nonsensical superchargers". If you mean "route you back to the SC 2 minutes after you left there", it seems to have stopped that behavior. I'm not sure about any other behavior. I took a trip to Florida with 7.1 and it worked as I expected (although I wanted insurance so I charged far more than it said I needed to in the freezing temps).

I have on the Model S. Help me understand what you mean by "nonsensical superchargers". If you mean "route you back to the SC 2 minutes after you left there", it seems to have stopped that behavior. I'm not sure about any other behavior. I took a trip to Florida with 7.1 and it worked as I expected (although I wanted insurance so I charged far more than it said I needed to in the freezing temps).

Something I saw regularly was a stop at a Supercharger 20-30 minutes from home, when I was starting a trip, when the next one's obviously reachable without wasting time on a detour at the nearby SC. And having me stop at the same one on the way home, instead of charging a couple more minutes at the previous stop. Had you seen that, and if so, has that improved?

(I think I'd only seen the "route back to where you just left form" thing once.)

Something I saw regularly was a stop at a Supercharger 20-30 minutes from home, when I was starting a trip, when the next one's obviously reachable without wasting time on a detour at the nearby SC. And having me stop at the same one on the way home, instead of charging a couple more minutes at the previous stop. Had you seen that, and if so, has that improved?

(I think I'd only seen the "route back to where you just left form" thing once.)
Yes, that has gotten better for me too. It seems to be smarter about telling you to skip the chargers that you don't need to go to, like avoiding Chattanooga when going Knoxville toward Atlanta. I presume that means your case would be covered.

Thanks Flasher - appreciate the good info. Picking my X up soon and planning a trip to Richmond in March and Orlando in April (from NJ). It looks like between the Tesla trip planning app and supercharge.info it should be a piece of cake. Really looking forward to getting the X, taking some trips and using autopilot.