Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging cables to buy and dual charger option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, seeking your advice here please as I can't seem to find the answer in the forums here. What charging cables come with the Model S? Presumably I'll get a cable to plug into the Tesla chargers and I'll get one for carparks but what type is it as there are so many different standards? I don't have charging facilities in my car park and plan to use the Supercharger in the mall next to me and park in Central either at Star Ferry or Cheung Kong Centre. Would you recommend I buy any extra cables from Tesla do you think? And do I need to order the dual charging option too?

Many thanks for your advice in advance.

Thanks ecarfan. This is helpful but I'm looking for more HK specific advice particularly in respect of the car parks I'll be using as I don't whether I need further adapters for the j1772 cable in Hong Kong. Dual charging may be different for a place like HK compared to US too. Thanks anyway

Hi all, seeking your advice here please as I can't seem to find the answer in the forums here. What charging cables come with the Model S? Presumably I'll get a cable to plug into the Tesla chargers and I'll get one for carparks but what type is it as there are so many different standards? I don't have charging facilities in my car park and plan to use the Supercharger in the mall next to me and park in Central either at Star Ferry or Cheung Kong Centre. Would you recommend I buy any extra cables from Tesla do you think? And do I need to order the dual charging option too?

Many thanks for your advice in advance.

Hi, what do you have in terms of charing facilities in Cheung Kong Centre? I believe it will help if you can find out what do they have in place first.

From the plugshare website:
Star Ferry Car Park

Ports
CHAdeMO DCFC, Tesla HPWC (Model S), 2 Mennekes (Type 2)s, Wall Outlet (EuroPlug)

Address
9 Edinburgh Place, Central, Hong Kong, 999077

Citibank Plaza

Ports
2 Wall Outlet (EuroPlug)s

Address
3 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong