Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norway cuts off all fossil fuel production in new Netflix TV series 'Occupied'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Troy

Aug 24, 2015
Hi. I'm watching the new TV series 'Occupied' on Netflix USA. It is about Norway cutting of all fossil fuel production and facing some problems from other countries. It is an interesting story. Electric cars is one of the subjects that comes up frequently. So I thought I should mention it here.

They have certainly picked the correct country. The percentage of electric cars sold is much higher in Norway than anywhere else in Europe. Norway is transitioning to electric transport at least 10 times faster than bigger economies in Europe.

Update: Audio is in Norwegian. It has English subtitles.
Netflix USA link: Occupied | Netflix

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool if you can read Norwegian or Spanish.

It says in the not too distant future when the US is energy self sufficient and oil production from the Arab peninsula is paralyzed by civil war....Europe is on the verge of an energy crisis....Norway stops exporting natural gas and oil seeing itself affected by climate change.

Wiki says " Okkupert depicts a fictional near future in which Russia, with support from the EU, occupies Norway to restore its oil production. This is prompted by an Europe-wide energy crisis caused by Norway's Green Party coming to power and stopping the country's oil production"

Don't quote me (or provide reference, if you have it) but I think I remember reading somewhere that even though Germany has the highest concentration of solar in the world, their rate of EV adoption is lower than the U.S. Seems ironic to me. Seems like the VW diesel disaster is hastening the transition to EVs.

Sounds as though it could be a ripping good yarn. Heroes of the Telemark! updated 70 years later.

Or, to be more truthful to history, King Vasa on the first Vasaloppen?

The one-half of Jen's background that's Norwegian is already pounding their ølseidel clamoring to watch the show.

I watched few episodes, it is streaming here on Netlix.

I quite liked what I saw so far, I thought it was well written and made. It realistically portrays the dilemmas that individuals face when confronted with changing economic circumstances. To me, the most chilling aspect of the fictional story is when it shows that without friends, a small country is an easy prey of a larger entity.

I will say no more, I do not wish to spoil it for people that have not seen it.

When I hung up my racing skis, a few friends and I would strap on telemark skis and use them at "standard" ski areas, bombing "regular" downhill skiers as we cheered "Heroooooooes Of The Telemark!!!!" as we passed'em by.

I've watched the whole series already, and it's a great show and an interesting idea. One thing I will mention is that a great deal of the show is in English. The titles and such, along with TV news scenes are in English, and scenes where people of two different countries (i.e. Norway and Russia) are talking to each other, it's in English. When Norwegians are speaking to each other, it's in Norwegian (as it should be).