Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New restaurant (Hooters) to be next door to the Dedham service center/supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
The local Dedham paper said this week that Hooters is planning to take over the building next door to the Tesla store, which most recently had been a Summer Shack. Frankly, I had not even realized that Summer Shack had closed -- we tried it once and were not very excited about it.
Anyway, the story said they'd like to open in mid-May, once they get all their permits and so on.
So, there will be another option for what to do while your car is charging at Dedham. Otherwise it is a bit of a walk to either Legacy Place or a risky walk across Providence Highway to get to Panera Bread (which seems to be a perennial favorite for Supercharger locations).
And that reminds me -- Panera Bread is talking about moving to a larger building a little further north along Providence Highway. Might be walkable in nice weather.

I was extremely disappointed in summer shack the one time I tried it. Hooters would be a welcome addition. Hopefully they also show UFC fights like the North Shore ones.

I wish there was a convenience store closer to the Dedham SC...well on the same side. The walk to CVS / Walgreens isn't bad, but crossing Providence highway as a pedestrian is no fun

I was extremely disappointed in summer shack the one time I tried it. Hooters would be a welcome addition. Hopefully they also show UFC fights like the North Shore ones.

I wish there was a convenience store closer to the Dedham SC...well on the same side. The walk to CVS / Walgreens isn't bad, but crossing Providence highway as a pedestrian is no fun

Good comment. I certainly agree about crossing Providence Highway. What makes it even worse is that no one plows the sidewalks along Providence Highway in winter. So the walk from the Tesla store to any other point, even Legacy Place, becomes much more difficult. It makes me wonder about why public agencies require sidewalks, and spend the money for crosswalks and pedestrian signals, but make no provision for pedestrian access to reach the crosswalks in winter!

Good comment. I certainly agree about crossing Providence Highway. What makes it even worse is that no one plows the sidewalks along Providence Highway in winter. So the walk from the Tesla store to any other point, even Legacy Place, becomes much more difficult. It makes me wonder about why public agencies require sidewalks, and spend the money for crosswalks and pedestrian signals, but make no provision for pedestrian access to reach the crosswalks in winter!
The City of Boston requires property owners to clear sidewalks within 24 hours after a storm. I was ticketed once for inadequate shoveling (a problem created by my neighbor, but that's another story). I believe that most other towns have similar regulations; the question is enforcement.

Should have reported this sooner, but -- After considerable community protest against Hooter's, The Dedham Board of Selectmen voted against giving them a license. I have not yet heard what the next move will be. Maybe a different franchise, or possibly a legal appeal. Stay tuned!
Meanwhile there are several other places to east nearby (50s Diner, Panera Bread across the street, Whole Foods (lots of choices but not much ambiance!), TGI Friday's (down the street a few hundred yards), and about 8 others in Legacy Place.

Well, it now looks as if Hooters may come to Dedham after all. The local papers reported last week that the restaurant owners appealed Dedham's denial of the liquor license to the state Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission, which has now overruled the Dedham decision to deny the permit. Selectmen could appeal the ABCC decision to Superior Court, but the local Dedham paper said that Dedham's counsel has advised against it because the appeal would be unlikely to succeed.
So the Tesla store may yet have Hooters as a neighbor....

Reactions: Bimbels and RAW84
I can't resist ........
dedhamhooters.jpg