Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#927 - Red - Salvage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Moderator edit - this started out in Ft.Myers, FL... Now seems to be sold as a salvage title in California.

Old eBay link:

Tesla | eBay
$(KGrHqMOKooE4t5wUsRlBO(QDm6r1Q~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
The car's location is unclear. The telephone number is from Sacramento and the listing says that seller will collect CA sales tax on sales to CA residents. Last Fall the car was for sale in FL.

Based on the business sign in the background and a little googling, it looks like the pictures were taken here: Google Maps (Rancho Cordova, CA - a bit outside Sacramento)

Yep - I was just noticing the same thing...
213.jpg

Capital One Auto Dismantlers
3811 Recycle Road, Rancho Cordova, CA

Different phone numbers, from the google listing, ebay, and photo:
(916)638-7600
(916)638-2211
(916)813-4121

Other addresses:

Capital One Motors - Rancho Cordova
Capital One Motors
3781 Recycle Rd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
916-638-2211

Capital One Motors, Rancho Cordova CA 95742
http://www.2findlocal.com/capital-one-motors-sacramento-ca.html
Capital One Motors
11821 Cobble Brook Dr
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
916-638-2211

Last edited:
Those Lotus built Aluminum chassis are very difficult to repair if damaged. Once you have an accident that compromises the body structure it can get very expensive to repair. Similar to the Lotus Elise, you see some cars which seem to have minor damage but are deemed 'totaled.'

Sometimes a car goes off the road and a boulder or something hard hits onto the underside and causes more damage than is visible from above.

Repair cost is $53,953, how is that possible? Salvage title, that doesn't look like damage that should warrant salvage title? What gives?

Yeah I had this problem with my insurance adjuster when my Jetta was totaled. There was significant frame damage, but somehow my payout was greater than the adjuster had for repair cost. It took like 2 weeks to get the insurance company to accept it was totaled. The adjuster had to keep telling people it COULDN'T be repaired.

This car is now in my garage, in Norway!! But it's not running...the shipping company didn't take out the main switch power. So the battery is dead...!!=( I thought i had a good insurance, but they declined the first request........