Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(For those that have), How are you mounting your front license plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best ones are like the one that Steve designed earlier which attaches to the front where the tow hook would go. This one came with my Roadster.... I ended up taking it off and not running a front plate, haven't been hassled in California with it off so its staying off. You can look for one online that's like that for the Elise/Exige in the online marketplace:

Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Removable front license plate bracket

attachment.php?attachmentid=63428&d=1415779294.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=10260&d=1349021330.jpg

My Roadster also came with the OEM plastic one as well that I found in the trunk:
FS: roadster OEM front license plate mount - SOLD
front license plate mounting?

713e44e6-f96b-418d-a33f-7a3c5efbfc872.JPG

But there's plenty of threads on this topic if you search TMC:
Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Whatever you do don't drill into the front bumper cover which I've seen people do.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to drill two holes in the underside of the nose.

Check the underside of your nose, you might already have two holes there. I replaced the plastic bracket with two metal arms that I bolted into the same holes.

I just checked my 1.5, the two holes under the front bumper cover are not there on mine so it appears if you use the front plastic license plate mount you'll need to drill up into the bumper. I guess that's how I ended up with Steve's custom stainless plate mounting system., the original owner didn't want to drill or didn't know what that plastic thing was included in the trunk like me.