Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vandalism to innocent Chicago owner's Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like he could've used a BlackVue 650 or similar dash cam.
I wonder if Tesla Motors could monitor the front cameras when vehicles are parked in Chicago.

Maybe there is a security camera view that can be obtained.

All of this reminds me of can happen with new home construction. The subcontractors who are not getting paid or treated properly might leave a pile in the house. (We tossed that piece of drywall out.) That got me asking questions of other home buyers at work. Sure enough, reports of half filled soda containers and other trash occur in the walls before the drywall goes up. (Cleaned that up after hours as we visited the home site each night.) Another time I found crushed beer cans under the tub. The worst occurrence was told by my Jewish co-workers, they found pork wrappers in their walls.

I had someone throw up all over the hood of my Model S a week or so after I took delivery...

Some people have this attitude of "it's not fair" or "eh there rich they can afford to fix it"... Just a general lack of respect for other peoples property...

Jeff

Not going to click on links as I don't want to see anything, but could it have been dog poo from a large dog perhaps like a great dane. Not that the dog got on the car of course.

Not going to click on links as I don't want to see anything, but could it have been dog poo from a large dog perhaps like a great dane. Not that the dog got on the car of course.

That seems like a very likely possibility. I doubt most people would be agile enough to poo on a windshield so it's likely someone had the poo in a bag. Since most people don't carry around their own poo in bags, I'm betting it probably came from a large dog as most dog owners have been known to carry around their dog's poo in bags. Since the X owner still has a poo sample, a DNA test would be able to confirm this.

One of my neighbors used to have a problem with cars parking in front of her house. She suggested more than once that she could place dog poo on the windshield to deter them. I don't know if she ever followed through. She does not live in Chicago but perhaps some people there have had the same idea.