Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor We did it! The X Citing Adventure at OCDetail!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At OCDetail we have worked on hundreds of Tesla's. Making sure we always strive to meet and exceed expectation with any service preformed. That commitment to service and excellence brought us an amazing opportunity. A customer with a very low number Signature Model X P90D enlisted me to go take delivery for him so I could protect his X right out of the gate.
Painfully I agreed. Tragic when you have to drive someones brand new X before they ever see it.

IMG_5613_zps0aa4vj0w.jpg

Really cool experience
IMG_5618_zpswemxcf77.jpg

Cool care package you get with it
IMG_5622_zps0i0h2kh3.jpg

Made it back the shop in one piece and with out incident. Drives amazing!
IMG_5623_zpsvi36uzgr.jpg

I've worked on a few X's but this being the first and such an early Sig.... Some of the employees from Walnut Creek Tesla stopped to check it out because they had not been up close with an X yet. Very nice group, they were really excited too. Side note... Do I get bragging rights I got up close and personal with an X before Tesla employees :biggrin:
DSC_0797_zpsgn9dlqir.jpg

The day I picked it up it looked good. The day it left it was stunning. The goal was to protect from impacts, and the environment. We added a few things along the way like tint and powder coating wheels. First thing with kinda of application is prep work. We started with a full paint correction
IMG_0800_zpsvuzealbw.jpg

Sanding scratches! This happens when during the painting process when dust gets stuck in the clear coat.
IMG_0787_zpsz38ist4l.jpg

Buffer Haze. This is cause by "rushed" or improper use of a buffer
IMG_0791_zpsz89japzk.jpg

More buffer Haze! but not to worry our multi step correction with proper buffer.....
IMG_0799_zpsrq3hibn6.jpg

Looks like this! Clear reflection and no marks!
IMG_0826_zpskaaignnr.jpg

Before
IMG_0830_zps0yo8nncl.jpg

After! So correction went on for a few says and feel free to check out my photo bucket album here. After this we started our Xpel Coverage
DSC_0812_zpswnnzbcu4.jpg

DSC_0811_zps3cnqwoif.jpg

DSC_0797_zpsdr8d1dmi.jpg

We alway check our work. I remember seeing this when I was correcting the paint but got a phone call. So during film I noticed it and took care of it. The importance of checking your work! We are as OCD as they come but we are still human. And anyone who has met me noticed I'm pretty high energy guy. So SQUIRREL!
DSC_0798_zpsxpwijwnj.jpg

So we polished it out and kept going on film
DSC_0802_zpskhqnhqu4.jpg

The impact area's we decided to cover with film is the full front end, lights, mirrors, door pillars, the black pieces between the falcon doors and front rear glass, the lower rocker(above pic), the A pillars, and the complete rear bumper. I figured this would cover all my basis for typical use.
DSC_0821_zpszcsosxhr.jpg

After all our correction and film was done the wheels were pulled to get powder coated Turbine gray. We also detailed the brake calipers and coated them with 4 coats of Cquartz Dlux.
DSC_0820_zpsaeqrcdqo.jpg

Back from powder coatings coated with Cquartz Finest! Ok now to the fun part. After all our prep was done, and film, and window tint, and wheels. We coated the entire vehicle with 4 layers of Cquartz Finest nano coating. Cquartz Finest is the most exclusive coating in the world and the only coating the really scrutinizes installers before allowing them to use their product. There are tons of new coatings flooding the market and they all strengths and weaknesses but no matter how good it is.... If the installer doesn't prep the car right, if the installer does not apply it right, you will end up with sub par results. Finest installers always deliver and is the reason its the benchmark when mark comparing coatings. Drum roll!!!!
DSC_0818_zpsuliy2o9v.jpg

Thats what a new X should look like!
DSC_0815_zpstf0phs1e.jpg

Can you see the Xpel?
DSC_0819_zps4ljohcyv.jpg

Ready for take off!
DSC_0810_zpshz2aky9n.jpg

Forgot mention we Xpel'd the spoiler as well!
DSC_0808_zpsfdl43qkm.jpg

Dat Gloss! And will Cquartz Finest it will stay that way!
DSC_0814_zpsindnhdkl.jpg

The Interior was protected with Cquartz leather and fabric for a OE Matte look and appearance. No slimy whale blubber look here! And now this light color will clean effortlessly.
IMG_0816_zps42mye16m.jpg

These scratches were deep and in a tricky area
DSC_0813_zpsgli6kwoa.jpg

Nothing we couldn't handle!
DSC_0812_zpsjmunafnl.jpg

Notice the satin appearance on all the trim. We coated it with Cquartz as well so it will stay that way!
DSC_0805_zpsrmss8fy6.jpg

Simply blinding!
DSC_0788_zpsjpovhnir.jpg

The sun doesn't lie! Thats a flawless finish!
DSC_0790_zpspsb8fgzz.jpg

That paint looks like you could swim in it! And some people say Xpel film isn't that glossy.... We tend to disagree
IMG_5613_zps0aa4vj0w.jpg

A "New" Car
DSC_0816_zpsudfdxret.jpg

An OCDetail approved New car! The difference is clear!

Thank you for looking
Joseph Torbati
Bay Area OCDetail

4922a3c7-d9f4-4102-8cd8-17bc70775d38_zpsvqmgphdv.jpg

Same service on this one! That makes 4 so far!

That is ridiculous gloss! Like a wet ruby...gorgeous! How much would that treatment set me back? And for an S? I want it!

Gotta say I was a sceptic like many others, until u and other pros showed what factory quality is side by side with paint corrected results. Very impressive.

1: There is nobody like Joe! He literally came to my house, arriving at 1 or 2 AM, spent the night in my guest apt, and then spent something like 16 hours straight doing my car. Then he drove to the next job at midnight when he was done. I have no idea how he does it. I will never let anybody else touch my car.

2: You have to live in CA to be this obsessed. We don't allow you into the state unless you are:smile:.

Wish we had someone like that in MD...awesome job!

Thank you for all the kind words everyone! This was a fun project and a TON of work but was very pleased with results!
1: There is nobody like Joe! He literally came to my house, arriving at 1 or 2 AM, spent the night in my guest apt, and then spent something like 16 hours straight doing my car. Then he drove to the next job at midnight when he was done. I have no idea how he does it. I will never let anybody else touch my car.

2: You have to live in CA to be this obsessed. We don't allow you into the state unless you are:smile:.

Come on!! You already caught me sleeping upside down from the rafters in your garage... Then there was the strange allergies to garlic but shhhhhhhhh :confused:. Thank you for the support my friend glad cars holding up so well and make sure you stop by next time in the bay!

Wouldn't worry, Joe will probably pm you.

For lurkers, just pm Joe.
Thank you! Yes please PM for inquires
Prices can change, but forum posts tend to live on indefinitely. So installers tend to avoid posting specifics. Ask privately or check the websites of some detailers if you're really interested. If you're just "ballparking," think in terms of thousands, not hundreds.
Thank you, and yes this correct! I learned this lesson a very hard way a few years back and it still comes up every now and then.

Thank you! Yes please PM for inquires

Thank you, and yes this correct! I learned this lesson a very hard way a few years back and it still comes up every now and then.

Joe detailed my nearly new S 70D last summer, put on Xpel, and then Opticoat over everything. I then proceeded to drive the car to all states but Hawaii (where I'm from). Upon trip's completion, I brought the car to Joe, he touched up a few things, and it was looking good as new 15,000 miles later. His work is beautiful, he charges fairly, and I am one happy customer.

Reactions: Joseph Torbati
IMG_6733_zpsyrpzg38z.jpg

IMG_6734_zpsvkadzfob.jpg

Couple shots of some of the back of seats in Xpel Stealth! Also were now on our 14th MX here are a few shots of the other ones we've worked on!
44E3C1B3-9AA7-498A-94F4-B57EF83A5CDA_zpspno7pygf.jpg

Inside out Cquartz Finest, 60% Xpel wrap, Powder coated wheels, 3m Crystalline tint, and seat backs in stealth!
DF7C9F22-F792-47A9-8DAB-6F1F01D1B043_zps9q7n4ohc.jpg

Same service minus the tint! How you like the 20's in satin black? And Dlux on the trim will keep it that way!
6AB72295-580A-4979-B983-BAD894003FBE_zpsw9j626vq.jpg

Black blinding after 60% Xpel Wrap, Wheels off detail, Blackvue install, and of coarse Cquartz Finest! The reflections of door was shooting at the wall behind gives you an ideal of the clarity in the paint! These are a lot of fun, really appreciate the support of the community and belief in our work!

Reactions: mlouie23