Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where did my.tesla Services Purchase Area Go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems the my.tesla portion of the site was redesigned and most content is the same; however, I don't see section where you can buy the $4000 extended service agreement online anymore. Do you have to go through a service center for that now all the time?

Hmmm. You're right. I don't see it either. I hope that they have not discontinued it. I was planning on getting when I could afford it. I was afraid this would happen. I just emailed my SC to find out.

I didn't think about that scenario. Surely they will keep offering some type of extended service agreement - maybe they are just revamping it to be a bit better as it has had a lot of complaints. In that case it'll likely go up in price I bet :-/ knowing Tesla.

Def post what you find out from SC - thanks!

Just tried. The link above forces me to log in. I go directly to my home page. Then I copied the link and launched it from my signed-in page....same result. No ext. warranty.

My fear has been that they are going to hike up the price big time. I just haven't been able to spring for it yet. Being such new tech and a new company, I want it. I have read good commentary that it may not be worth it. But knowing tech like we do, I am willing to spend for it when I can. I'm keeping her for at least eight years.

Fingers crossed.

Just tried. The link above forces me to log in. I go directly to my home page. Then I copied the link and launched it from my signed-in page....same result. No ext. warranty.

My fear has been that they are going to hike up the price big time. I just haven't been able to spring for it yet. Being such new tech and a new company, I want it. I have read good commentary that it may not be worth it. But knowing tech like we do, I am willing to spend for it when I can. I'm keeping her for at least eight years.

Fingers crossed.

I bet you can buy it by calling your service center. There are reports of just the door handles costing $1300(?) each to replace. There's no way I'd own one out of warranty. If you plan to keep the car for 8 years it might really make sense for you to get the warranty not just for yourself so that if 6 years into ownership you decide to sell the car, you can sell it with the benefit of 2 additional years of warranty.

Make sure you follow the "recommended" service schedule as apparently if you are late more than a month in having your car serviced, it may void the extended warranty based on the warranty contract terms.

With a $200 per part deductible and $4,000 initial cost the extended warranty is already just about the highest in the automotive industry so not sure how much more they can increase the cost...

Hum....

I still have the Services area in MyTesla...

I just went there and I can order the 4 or 8 year annual service as well as the Extended Warranty.
So 3 choices are offered to me.

Perhaps if you do not see these choices, have you gone beyond the eligibility expiration date?

Hum....

I still have the Services area in MyTesla...

I just went there and I can order the 4 or 8 year annual service as well as the Extended Warranty.
So 3 choices are offered to me.

Perhaps if you do not see these choices, have you gone beyond the eligibility expiration date?
I wonder if only people who haven't taken delivery yet are currently seeing this option?

When I go to that servicesignup link mentioned upthread, I see this (screenshot of header of the MyTesla page):

myt.jpg

FYI I have not (yet) signed up for extended service; my car is at around 40K mi, 2.5yrs old.

No Services here either.

Art.. Try refreshing the page in your browser just to confirm its not a cached page somewhere.

OK, I did a refresh, they are still there....
The first area one sees which relates to SERVICE as you move down the page is this one....

Services Plan.jpg

Then if you click that button (SErVICES SIGNUP) you are presented this page which has the three plans I can order....

The3Plans.jpg

Now, my car is on order, in the queue awaiting production....
It should start production in perhaps 14 days or so...

I suspect that 60 days after I take delivery the service plan selections will go away...

I just wonder if there is a web error and they (TESLA) are not show the first page if your
delivery date is more than 60 days...??? that could be it...

Last edited:
Typical Tesla software development snafu.

Looks like for people who are still eligible for the Pre-Paid Service Plan (within 60 days of delivery) they are showing the "Services" button on the MyTesla page.

But for anyone else outside of that window, No Soup for You!

Yet, we're all still eligible for the Extended Service Agreement until the end of the factory warranty, but aren't allowed to see that option, NOR are we allowed to see the links to the contracts for the Pre-Paid service plan, EVEN IF WE'VE ALREADY BOUGHT IT!

Come on Tesla, enough pizza and beer, time to fix these bugs already. There's really no excuse for such sloppiness.

I emailed my SC last night and, as usual, they got back to me first thing this AM. It's a bug:

"Also, regarding the Extended Warranty, I believe there has been a bug on the My Tesla account. We can arrange the purchase with you during the service visit if you like."

I do love my SC. Sunnyvale, CA. Karin Nayler is awesome, as are the rest.

Now I just need the cash-ola.