Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having issues with NTTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before getting my 90D I had read up on NTTA and that there were some issues with the normal stickers, so got a Toll Tag license plate bar the day I got my vehicle & even had the Tesla guys put it on.

Now for some reason in the NTTA systems is shows up as "Returned" instead of "Active".

Every month since then I get ZipCash letter, log in an notice that my tag is marked as Returned again. I call the service center up and they attempt to resolve it, which works at least for a few days.
The third time the woman acted like I was crazy, but that was the only time it never actually changed status, so I suspect she was just clueless.

I sent an email last week and haven't heard back.

I suspect this is just some weird glitch versus something common to the bars, but regardless, it's a bit of a pain.

Jimmy

2 weeks back..I had two mails about tolls. I have been with NTTA for the past 5-6 years.

I asked the customer service representative as why I was being sent a bill and she told me that my Toll Tag was not active when I was driving on Toll road on that specific day. She kept saying I did not have enough funds on my account and that was a big lie right there because my account is tied to credit card and has auto deduct option activated.

Remember it was active one day before and day after. :eek:

Long story short...I ended up requesting them to charge my toll account

To be frank I can tell you that NTTA customer service sucks big time:cursing:. I would rather go to one of the local store and explain what is going on.

This works for a while but eventually they will send you a letter saying get a functional tag or pay the zipcash rate.
Not necessarily. They can override their system to exclude any car and they know Teslas are in the group of cars that can be a problem. I spent a hour with them in 2014, trying various sticker and bar locations and never found one that reliably responded to their handheld gun. Not being able to find a location that works, they did something in their system that keeps me from getting warning notices.

O.K after 30 minute discussion with NTTA ...I figured what the problem was with me receiving mails (Toll tag invoices)...my car was at the body shop last Dec and the customer representative (whom I called) had not activated my original license plate and therefore I was sent a bill...what poor customer service from NTTA

Was advised by the Plano ntta office this afternoon that the bar attached to your plate will quit working as of year end 2016. I have tried all over the front windshield of my 2016 S75 without success. Has anyone had success with the inside of the sunroof or the rear window?

Was advised by the Plano ntta office this afternoon that the bar attached to your plate will quit working as of year end 2016. I have tried all over the front windshield of my 2016 S75 without success. Has anyone had success with the inside of the sunroof or the rear window?

Mine was peeled from my previous Durango SUV and placed right next to the camera mounting on the rear view mirror to the right and works perfectly.

My front windshield is not tinted.

There was a guy selling an external cover patch for a few dollars that allows your tag to be on the outside of the window, but appear as a black sticker. I've seen them low on the driver's side and up near the camera.

There was a guy selling an external cover patch for a few dollars that allows your tag to be on the outside of the window, but appear as a black sticker. I've seen them low on the driver's side and up near the camera.
That would be me. I don't think I can list my Etsy store here, so PM me for details. I've been using this on my 2013 non-AP car for over two years and it reads every time. Car washes, rain, and even being rubbed by a windshield wiper hasn't affected it, and it's a glossy black vinyl patch that sits on glossy black glass, so it's not easy to see unless you know what you're looking for.

Reactions: Shaggy
That would be me. I don't think I can list my Etsy store here, so PM me for details. I've been using this on my 2013 non-AP car for over two years and it reads every time. Car washes, rain, and even being rubbed by a windshield wiper hasn't affected it, and it's a glossy black vinyl patch that sits on glossy black glass, so it's not easy to see unless you know what you're looking for.

Hopefully I can find this next year when I'll want one. :-D