Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for parking garage near Cruise ships in New Orleans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
We are planning a cruise this summer from New Orleans and I am looking for a place to park our car preferably with a charger we could leave plugged in near the Cruise ships.

Does anyone in New Orleans have any suggestions? Or is this a bad idea?

Thanks
Liz G

The Premium Parking location on O'Keefe next to Rouses Market (on Plugshare it is the only Nola location with a level 2 showing and the garage is across the street from it. When I was there a few weeks ago the garage manager told me they had no objection to long stays on the Chargers. There are only two chargers but four spots. They were little used while I Was there. You'll need to Uber from there to the cruise ships.

The Premium Parking location on O'Keefe next to Rouses Market (on Plugshare it is the only Nola location with a level 2 showing and the garage is across the street from it. When I was there a few weeks ago the garage manager told me they had no objection to long stays on the Chargers. There are only two chargers but four spots. They were little used while I Was there. You'll need to Uber from there to the cruise ships.

Thanks

Hi,
We are planning a cruise this summer from New Orleans and I am looking for a place to park our car preferably with a charger we could leave plugged in near the Cruise ships.

Does anyone in New Orleans have any suggestions? Or is this a bad idea?

Thanks
Liz G
I think that blocking an L2 for many days while you are away isn't a good thing.
you could consider finding a place with access to a 110 outlet which would provide you with enough of a charge to top you off during your cruise without blocking a charger for many days.

Reactions: gnelson
If you go through Baton Rouge or Slidell SC, you should be able to make it to NOLA and back to SC without needing additional charge.

A couple of parking garages relatively near the cruise terminal come to mind (none with L2 though):
Beside the terminal itself on Erato St. with 1000 spaces. $20/day.

Fulton Place at Diamond St. and Convention Center Blvd. Can't miss it due to their aggressive advertising! I think it's $12/day and they will shuttle you to the terminal. However the flashing signs and obnoxious staff that block off the street with cones and buses drive me nuts, so I hate referring them any business...

Several hotels (as mentioned above) and the WWII museum have garages within short uber distances. Edit: WWII is $40/day...nevermind!

Finally, if you're desperate, I live near the convention center and while I can't offer you parking for the trip, I have a 10-30 outlet you can use if necessary. An hour or two should give you enough to make the SC. PM me if needed.

Safe travels!

[ETA parking costs]

Last edited: