Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cadillac kills the ELR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's unfortunate. They should have just made it better and priced it appropriately. (Hint: If you publicly state that it's priced to compete with the Model S, you also have compete on performance.) The new Volt is quite an improvement on the previous version. A new ELR could have been better too.

That's unfortunate. They should have just made it better and priced it appropriately. (Hint: If you publicly state that it's priced to compete with the Model S, you also have compete on performance.) The new Volt is quite an improvement on the previous version. A new ELR could have been better too.

Agreed... What will the current owners of ELR think...about the company...Glad I was not one of them...:scared:

That's too bad, it leaves the brand without a plugin. When is the CT6 PHEV planned to be out? Early 2017?

2016 in China, some time in 2017 in the USA.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed... What will the current owners of ELR think...about the company...Glad I was not one of them...:scared:

I believe that current owners think "I'm not surprised, given the deal I was able to get." Cadillac's direction is to have PHEV versions of its cars, rather than have a specific PHEV model.

I don't see any new news here. We have known for several months there would not be a second generation ELR, and they have not yet confirmed that 2016 is the last model year. It is highly likely that it will be though, since it still uses the now out of production first generation Volt powertrain. The CT6 PHEV will be here before anyone notices the ELR is gone.

not surprising and quite expected. At the price-point they were asking, the only thing the ELR had over the Model S would be the range extender which would offer peace of mind to some and make the car more versatile, especially in northern climates. Hope they step up their game in the Cadillac division.

You guys don't realize how superior it was to the Model S. It had regen paddles. REGEN ... PADDLES! Only fools cannot comprehend it's utter superiority over every other car ever made. Everyone should have been willing to pay TWICE the published price for the pleasure of using such a finely engineered masterpiece of regen paddle housing voiture.

Cadillac is setting the expectation bar really low with projected US sales of the CT6 PHEV at 1k per year.

The ELR sold 1024 copies in the US last year.

With the Voltec battery,motors,and transmission the CT6 PHEV is superior to S Class 550 PHEV and BMW 740e PHEV.