Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: "Version two of the Powerwall probably around July, August this year"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hockeythug

Jun 3, 2013
Minnesota
"We've got the Tesla Powerwall and Powerpack, which we have a lot of trials underway right now around the world. We've seen very good results," said Musk during a talk to Tesla car owners in Paris on January 29th. "We'll be coming out with version two of the Powerwall probably around July, August this year, which will see further step change in capabilities."

Elon Musk: Powerwall version two is coming in 2016

It's good to hear that Tesla is constantly improving the PowerWall because it will probably take at least a couple iterations before being able to scale to its full potential. Any estimate on how many PowerPacks are being used right now? I know Wal Mart has them in at least 11 locations along with the TMC thread displaying the Pacifica, Irvine location.

I got a call yesterday afternoon by the local representative for the Power-Wall in the (F) part of Switzerland. He was suggesting that If all my current installation of solar power was of correct type I would be receiving my power wall in the next couple to few months........ :)

Tesla’s home battery is finally rolling out. First stop: Australia
"Over the coming weeks, Natural Solar will be rolling out Powerwalls in homes and businesses across Australia, but Williams said they gave Pfitzner a head start as he was one of the first customers to book and was very enthusiastic. "He was a perfect fit, we returned the favour and gave him the first install," he said."

http://mashable.com/2016/01/28/first-tesla-powerwall/#
austrailiapowerwall.PNG

Tesla’s home battery is finally rolling out. First stop: Australia
"Over the coming weeks, Natural Solar will be rolling out Powerwalls in homes and businesses across Australia, but Williams said they gave Pfitzner a head start as he was one of the first customers to book and was very enthusiastic. "He was a perfect fit, we returned the favour and gave him the first install," he said."

http://mashable.com/2016/01/28/first-tesla-powerwall/#
View attachment 110163

That looks like it's on the outside of his house. I expected these things to get mounted on the inside, like in a garage.

I wonder if people who have reserved for V1 will be offered a slot in front of everyone who reserves V2. Because if I don't get mine by the time they announce V2 I might want V2 instead.

Since July is only 5 months away I don't know why anyone would want V1. Naturally I'd assume tesla doesn't even have any stock of it and don't expect any sales of it. Why would they announce V2 coming out in 5 months if V1 isn't even being distributed to reservation holders yet?? Dumb move on their part if they expect any further (if any) V1 sales.