Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger side mirror out of alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After experiencing no problems with my 70D for the first few months, I noticed this morning that the right side mirror was angled out too far. Both the folding and adjusting motors seemed to be working properly but on closer inspection, I noticed that when the mirror folded out, it was going about an inch or so further out than it should so that it was not lining up properly with the housing. I don't see any evidence of damage and can't imagine what caused this. When I called Tesla to set an appointment, the guy said he had never heard of this problem. Any thoughts?

After experiencing no problems with my 70D for the first few months, I noticed this morning that the right side mirror was angled out too far. Both the folding and adjusting motors seemed to be working properly but on closer inspection, I noticed that when the mirror folded out, it was going about an inch or so further out than it should so that it was not lining up properly with the housing. I don't see any evidence of damage and can't imagine what caused this. When I called Tesla to set an appointment, the guy said he had never heard of this problem. Any thoughts?
Seems likely to me that whatever it uses to decide where to stop, broke. I don't know enough about the mechanism to know if it's a piece of plastic/metal it hits, or a stepper motor that just knows how far to move, but either way, it's likley defective.