Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rolla, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rolla, MO has a blue dot on supercharge.info

Bandana’s Bar-B-Q, 1705 Martin Spring Dr, Rolla, MO

See I-44 Superchargers in Missouri-maybe talked to the right person finally - Page 2 for background.

Keep you eyes on this site. The actual construction usually starts shortly after a permit is issued.

I SO SO need this Supercharger! St. Louis is one of my main distant destinations, and at 220-230 miles from my home at interstate speeds and the rolling Ozark hills, particularly in cold or windy weather, it gets tougher and tougher to make the trip in my ageing Model S with decreasing range. Have already has multiple close calls where I had to drive slow, draft, turn off heat and/or stop to trickle charge on the J1772 in Rolla to make it home.

That's excellent!

And to people stopping to charge: I strongly recommend swinging by A Slice of Pie for dessert. It's probably too far to walk while charging--so stop by, get a huge hunk of French Silk to go, and eat it while you charge.

Now I've made myself hungry...

Reactions: callmesam
In 1969 I spent one of the coldest most miserable winters building bridges and blowing things up in Ft. Leonard Wood MO. I love having SC even in Rolla but I must say I dont want to return. In all seriousness I am happy for you guys on this thread.

I just got back from a 5 month stay at Ft. Leonard Wood where I had to take an ICE because of a lack of charging. I'm going back this weekend and debating if I should take the Tesla or wait until this charger is online. I have a friend with a 14-50 that I will be staying with. Just not sure if it is worth the risk in the cold with rolling hills just yet. My car want's to route through Columbia to get to FLW. Not sure I want to add that much time to my trip. This SC is desperately needed. Jus wish they had put one in St. Robert outside of FLW.

I just got back from a 5 month stay at Ft. Leonard Wood where I had to take an ICE because of a lack of charging. I'm going back this weekend and debating if I should take the Tesla or wait until this charger is online. I have a friend with a 14-50 that I will be staying with. Just not sure if it is worth the risk in the cold with rolling hills just yet. My car want's to route through Columbia to get to FLW. Not sure I want to add that much time to my trip. This SC is desperately needed. Jus wish they had put one in St. Robert outside of FLW.

At about 140 miles from St Charles to FLW, if you have an 85 and a working 14-50 at your destination, that seems to be a no-brainer. I do 200 mile jaunts over the Colorado Mountains in Colorado winters...

Go for it!

I've done the 220+ miles from Nixa, MO to St. Louis innumerable times. I'd say zero risk of not making it if you have a NEMA 14-50. I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

I performed some site recon during my trip this weekend. I ended up taking an ICE for the trip. With the weather, I'm glad I did. There are no signs of construction. The location is viewable from the highway and is easy to get to. These are the two locations that I thought were out of the way and had room to put the chargers. The other side of the building is possible too, but they would need to rework the traffic flow around the building. Hope they move quickly on this one. It would make it much easier for me to justify taking the MS on my regular trips out there.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That stretch between OK and MO is starting to look awful purty with those 3 blue circles all lined up in a row.

Oh, for the day when there is a similar string of blue circles, and dare we dream, orange construction cones between Tucson and San Antonio.

Also from the Things That Make You Say Hmmmm department, do note that Magoc, Quebec is permit-ed. People in Quebec don't even go to Magoc, Quebec fer Pete's sake. I kid, I kid.

• Funny
Reactions: jvonbokel