Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for rim curb hit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only took 3 days to side swipe a parking lot curb! : ( Any suggestions for making it look better?
uploadfromtaptalk1454291135259.jpg

A good body shop can make that look like new. There are Mobil wheel repair guys that can do it too. You won't even notice. I did a similar thing and it was $350 a wheel which seemed high until I prices a new rim.

Rim Blades. Easy to install and look pretty good. Just assume you're going to curb periodically and need to cover it up. Repair is expensive ($150 a rim usually). Rim Blades are cheap to replace.

Alloy Gators are firm enough to actually prevent damage, but they don't look good and they are a major pain in the ass to install or remove.

Wheel Bands look good, but aren't big enough to cover up damage and for me they flung off after a long period on the freeway. Yes, I did everything it said for installation (they were nice enough to send me a replacement set). They're more expensive to replace than Rim Blades, so more expensive to replace when you curb again.

Yeah, Alloygators are a total PIA to install. But they are the most robust things that I have found. They have saved me multiple times because I am a spaz. Rim Blades and Wheel Bands are more attractive to me. But they don't look nearly as strong as the Alloygators. And I can attest to just how strong they are. My rims would be trashed without them.

Rim Blades. Easy to install and look pretty good. Just assume you're going to curb periodically and need to cover it up. Repair is expensive ($150 a rim usually). Rim Blades are cheap to replace.

Alloy Gators are firm enough to actually prevent damage, but they don't look good and they are a major pain in the ass to install or remove.

Wheel Bands look good, but aren't big enough to cover up damage and for me they flung off after a long period on the freeway. Yes, I did everything it said for installation (they were nice enough to send me a replacement set). They're more expensive to replace than Rim Blades, so more expensive to replace when you curb again.
I see they have rimblades and rimblades scuffs . Which to pick?

I think silver is the best to go with to blend in the best with the rim?

I see they have rimblades and rimblades scuffs . Which to pick?

I think silver is the best to go with to blend in the best with the rim?
I went with black since that blended in with the tire, but then I had the grey 21" rims.

I think when I ordered they only had one type of rim blade, now it looks like there are a few models. I have no idea which might be best. It looks like the more expensive ones are firmer maybe and could take a light scrape?