Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage at Post Office Square (Boston)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I frequently use this garage due to the 10 or so chargepoint stations. As of late though, occupancy has been at an all time high.

Had a worker there ask me about moving vehicles around and limited charging to 4 hours. Anyone else?

I'll likely be writing to the garage management to attempt to persuade them to add more charging stations. Unless someone has a better idea.

The employee mentioned they were considering "valet" where they move vehicles around so others can charge. I'll personally go park somewhere else. Can the cost of employees and the liability of moving cars around really outweigh additional stations?

One small rant. I realize this is smug, you just park your plug in prius for the convenient parking spot which ruins it for the rest of us.

Hi Anthony, it's been a while. I think their better bet would be to set a minimal charging price on the Chargepoints, because 10 spots is already a pretty significant offering and investment (though if I recall correctly, 2 or 3 are reserved for Zipcars).

You are coming all the way from NH so may need or at least get significant benefit from a charge. A Leaf or i3 w/out Rex may need the charge to get home. And a plug in Prius, Volt or i3 Rex may need a charge to avoid burning gas on the way home. But there are a lot of Model S's charging there, like I have occasionally, just because it's free and the spots are conveniently located. They don't really need the charge for range, particularly now that there are SpCs within about 50-60 miles in every direction.

A price for charging will quickly triage this, though they may have to experiment with different levels to find the right balance.

Hi Peter, it has, nice to hear from you. I think I understand now why we have to pay at the Prudential even when not charging.

There are 2 charge points of in another part of the first floor which are solely for zipcar.

Tough to justify paying additional for parking that is already $38 for 2+ hours.

With the bolt out in less than a year and the 3 soon after, I would argue that they should begin the process of adding stations now before its too late, just from a revenue standpoint. I can't imagine that wasn't part of the reason for installing them in the first place.

There is usually a garage closer and less cost to many of the companies I visit downtown.

Anthony... I was trying to imply by my question that you are addressing quite a LARGE audience here in the 6 state area of New England.
So being at least specific to the State level would be helpful to all of us.
For instance, if your thread title were Garage at Post Office Square MA
then I would certainly have NOT read it nor posted to it.... I would be rarely if ever go there....

Anthony... I was trying to imply by my question that you are addressing quite a LARGE audience here in the 6 state area of New England.
then I would certainly have NOT read it nor posted to it.... I would be rarely if ever go there....
Ah yes, should have put Boston on there.

I have only been there during non-business hours but the arrangement with multiple cars able to charge off a single charger
(either by swapping midday or at least 120V for the losers) is one arrangement that could alleviate things.

Wow....all that explaining when google is just a click away.

I frequently use this garage due to the 10 or so chargepoint stations. As of late though, occupancy has been at an all time high.

Had a worker there ask me about moving vehicles around and limited charging to 4 hours. Anyone else?

I'll likely be writing to the garage management to attempt to persuade them to add more charging stations. Unless someone has a better idea.

The employee mentioned they were considering "valet" where they move vehicles around so others can charge. I'll personally go park somewhere else. Can the cost of employees and the liability of moving cars around really outweigh additional stations?

One small rant. I realize this is smug, you just park your plug in prius for the convenient parking spot which ruins it for the rest of us.

Any plug in has every right to park and charge there!.

the real solution is more charging stations.

Putting a monetary value on the stations via a chargepoint fee structure would also be a reasonable response to higher occupancy.