Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S windshield replacement near Boston?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PeterK

Model X, 3 & Y Owner
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2013
Cambridge, MA
Last week I was on I-93 north near The Fells when a van ahead of me kicked up a small rock. I heard it hit what I thought was the middle of the windshield but it left no mark so I thought I'd dodged a bullet so to speak. But later in the day when I got out of the car I saw this. [emoji853]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454190096.507369.jpg

Fortunately the crack is well below my sight line and I checked that I have zero deductible for glass. But at this point I'm going to wait until spring or if the crack dramatically expands first.

Anyone have experience replacing a windshield? Who did it and how did it go? Did you go direct or via Watertown? I have my three-year annual service coming up in March so I could potentially have it done then.

Thanks in advance.
Peter

Last week I was on I-93 north near The Fells when a van ahead of me kicked up a small rock. I heard it hit what I thought was the middle of the windshield but it left no mark so I thought I'd dodged a bullet so to speak. But later in the day when I got out of the car I saw this. [emoji853]

Fortunately the crack is well below my sight line and I checked that I have zero deductible for glass. But at this point I'm going to wait until spring or if the crack dramatically expands first.

Anyone have experience replacing a windshield? Who did it and how did it go? Did you go direct or via Watertown? I have my three-year annual service coming up in March so I could potentially have it done then.

Thanks in advance.
Peter

Should just be covered by insurance. I had a stress fracture in mine a little over a year ago
and "they" came to my office and replaced it. Can't even remember the company but it was
impressively done by one guy.

Should just be covered by insurance. I had a stress fracture in mine a little over a year ago
and "they" came to my office and replaced it. Can't even remember the company but it was
impressively done by one guy.

Thanks for the input, Ed. Insurance will cover it and I know Watertown wouldn't do it themselves but I thought it might be nice to have them checking the guy doing it.