Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Linc Group Installs Next-Generation EV Charging Stations in Southern California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buddy of mine who works for Linc Group sent me this:

The Linc Group Installs Next-Generation Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at South Coast Air Quality Management District in Southern California​
NEW YORK, NY – Aug.22, 2011 – The Linc Group (“Linc”), an ABM Industries (NYSE: ABM) company, continues its leadership position in installing of electric vehicle charging stations, with its most recent installations in Southern California. The stations were commissioned by the South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD), the regional air pollution control agency for Orange County and major portions of Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. Linc completed installation of the EV (electric vehicle) charging stations just two weeks after being awarded the project by AQMD.

The new stations provide free charging services for all drivers of EVs, including AQMD employees and the public. The charging stations are designed to work with all types of plug-in electric vehicles. The new charging stations, along with other charging stations across the state, can be quickly located via an iPhone®, iPad and iPod touch application, which can be downloaded free of charge from the iTunes App store. The App will also locate alternative fueling stations for hydrogen, propane and natural gas.

Ken Sapp, vice president of ABM Energy said, “Zero-emission and low-emission plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) provide a great driving experience with little to no emissions and also help the U.S. reduce its dependence on foreign oil. Widespread consumer adoption of the newest plug-in vehicles will largely depend on having adequate charging infrastructure where drivers need it most. ABM has installed hundreds of EV charging stations across the country and we are pleased to be doing our part to increase the rapid deployment of EV infrastructure in California.”
“Providing dependable, advanced energy-related services is at the heart of ABM’s commitment to all of our clients. We will continue to work with cities and organizations across the country to create greater access to these next-generation charging stations for drivers of electric vehicles.”

View attachment AQMD EV Charging Stations_Linc EnergyHub.pdf

... The new charging stations, along with other charging stations across the state, can be quickly located via an iPhone®, iPad and iPod touch application, which can be downloaded free of charge from the iTunes App store. The App will also locate alternative fueling stations for hydrogen, propane and natural gas..

I'll bite.

Where are they?

I'll bite.

Where are they?

The stations or the apps? How should I know, I use Blackberry and I live in Florida.... Seriously though, here's a link that might help, but I was forwarding the message as there are apparently new free charging stations in the SoCal area. Just figured that you would know who/what AQMD is. I'll ask my buddy tomorrow if he can get more info.

The stations or the apps? How should I know, I use Blackberry and I live in Florida.... Seriously though, here's a link that might help, but I was forwarding the message as there are apparently new free charging stations in the SoCal area. Just figured that you would know who/what AQMD is. I'll ask my buddy tomorrow if he can get more info.

AQMD
Air
Quality
Management
District

The PDF file had no location listed or even an App link. Ask your buudy where I can plug in!

...Where are they?

Old news?
Electric Vehicle Charging Services Arrive in Laguna Beach as Coulomb’s ChargePoint Network Expansion Continues into Southern California
...June 21, 2011 Coulomb Technologies today announced electric vehicle (EV) driver services have arrived in downtown Laguna Beach, CA. with the installation of two charging stations for EVs managed by the ChargePoint® Network. The two new stations are located near the corner of Forest Avenue and Broadway in downtown Laguna Beach...
...The charging equipment is provided through a grant from the United States Department of Energy, and installation was paid for by the City. The stations represent a commitment by the City for a sustainable future and transportation diversity. The stations are a part of Coulomb’s $37 million ChargePoint America program, which offers thousands of free EV charging stations for public and home charging to individuals and businesses. The charging stations were supplied by Coulomb regional distributor Clean Fuel Connection, which used contractor Linc Group for installation...

Here's the mail I got back:

Hi,
Thanks for reaching out...

http://www.mychargepoint.net/find-stations.php

This website shows all the ChargePoint stations and their statuses... use the scroll bar on the right (not your mouse roller) and enter the city, zip or whatever and then drill down as needed.

At the website you can also find information on the Android and iPhone applications that help drivers find stations.

Let me know if that helps,

Ken Sapp
949-330-1542

The Apps are available free on iTunes for iPhone here. There are links for Blackberry and Android also on the front page of the website.