Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Door Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my S85D last December and have been enjoying it ever since. Last week, on several occasions last week I went out to my garage to find my Tesla setting there and the garage door open. I'm sure the door was closed after I parked the car. The only thing I can think of is the car opened the door for some reason. Has anyone else experienced this?

If you have an older opener without rolling codes, the problem could also be your neighbors using their opener, which also opens yours. Others threads discuss some of those odd situations. I had to change the dip switches manually in my Moms (very) old door opener and it's remote since the new neighbor down the street had this thing about pressing their button closer to my moms house -- just enough apparently to open her door with theirs every time.

...my point being, it could be your Tesla and Homelink especially after this 7.1 update that I've found opening the wrong door in a specific scenario, but you may want to ensure you've ruled out other things that don't involve your Tesla as well. Good luck.

If you have an older opener without rolling codes, the problem could also be your neighbors using their opener, which also opens yours. Others threads discuss some of those odd situations. I had to change the dip switches manually in my Moms (very) old door opener and it's remote since the new neighbor down the street had this thing about pressing their button closer to my moms house…

Are you saying that your Tesla Homelink can work with rolling codes?
My new Sommer Direct Drive opener's rolling code remote can't be paired with Tesla Homelink because, according to Sommer, Tesla is not willing to modify their software to be compatible. I had to buy a non-rolling code receiver in order to use Homelink. Our Lexus learned the rolling code in 30 seconds.

Are you saying that your Tesla Homelink can work with rolling codes?
My new Sommer Direct Drive opener's rolling code remote can't be paired with Tesla Homelink because, according to Sommer, Tesla is not willing to modify their software to be compatible. I had to buy a non-rolling code receiver in order to use Homelink. Our Lexus learned the rolling code in 30 seconds.
Yes, my MS Homelink works perfectly with my LiftMaster garage door opener that has rolling codes, as did my previous two Lexus, MBZ and BMW.

Are you 100% sure it was closed all the way? My last house I had an issue with the close pressure being too sensitive and the door would close all of the way, pause, then reverse and re-open. Only way I noticed was the alarm company calling telling me my garage door alarm went off when I was a couple miles away...