Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Base seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish I could help, wanted cloth but on the trim packaging at time of my order I was getting leather and I could have deleted leather for cloth but there was no credit given for the delete.... couldn't justify that math and took leather as offered.. happy with it but cloth seats are better in my climate for being warmer and heating faster. Always cold here

Hi all,
first time poster. There is no info on the base seat material any where. Looks like an obligatory upgrade to leather or vegan. Did any one see or order the base seats and how are they? Thanks.

It's a textile and I think some type of synthetic leather, but I could be wrong. Not sure. I'd recommend going to a Showroom where they have each material on display for you to feel.

Hi all,
first time poster. There is no info on the base seat material any where. Looks like an obligatory upgrade to leather or vegan. Did any one see or order the base seats and how are they? Thanks.
I have what are called "Multi-pattern black seats" aka base seats. They are excellent, my wife likes them too. Besides the material difference (not leather) I was also told by the sales associates that they are easier to clean, maintain, etc than leather. Since I plan to keep my car for a very long time all my options were chosen for longevity. I live in LA and wasn't able to test drive a car that had the "base seats" before ordering, so I doubt they are easy to find in any showroom. Ordered them sight unseen and I'm not disappointed. The major difference between the two are the upper "wings" or side of the seat that holds you in place, I'm a bigger guy and didn't like that too much anyway. I guess if you are on the smaller side the narrower seat might be better.

TLDR- save your money the base seats are better in the long run.

The textile seats are fantastic. They look really great in person, and have held up very well. We have a few Teslas in our building and one wishes he got the textile seats due to the wear on his leather seats.

They're a nicely-textured fabric in the center with small patches of synthetic leather for looks. It feels much like the leather in Tesla's original seats. They chose a very nice synthetic. The combo is pretty grippy, so you slide around less in the seat without the larger bolsters of the next-gen seats.

Not sure what you mean about the "obligatory upgrade to leather or vegan", though. The "vegan" option is the base textile seats + a special custom steering wheel wrapped in the same synthetic leather as the textile seat inserts. The standard install is a leather wheel, even with the textile seats. That's the only difference.