Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan may see ballot petition to allow direct vehicle sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
vzxcvzvxz.jpg

LANSING, Mich. -- A recent University of Michigan graduate who aspires to work in politics is single-handedly launching a ballot petition drive to allow automakers to sell new vehicles directly to Michigan consumers.

Mick Yuille, 22, knows he has a hurdle to climb: He has until June 1 to collect more than 252,000 signatures in order to put his proposal before the Michigan legislature, or to voters in November.

He said that if he throws enough enthusiasm behind the project, he thinks he could have a shot.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...-vehicle-sales

Well.... with the anti-Tesla governor... who may be soon be meeting some new friends in an incarceration facility... maybe the replacement will see the light, and lots and lots of American workers that really really want to work in the motor city but can't find work... can find work... and help keep this American icon of worlds best vehicle company at the forefront of engineering. I'm not seeing the demand for the Model 3 being fulfilled out of Freemont... so much talent is being wasted out there. So many buildings crumbling into ruins... that could instead be showing how a proper car (or SUV, truck, whatever) is made.

The tool shop in Grand Rapids was an interesting hint... I hope for all of our sakes, we can take some of that talent and bring it to EVs, and most notably, my beloved TSLA...