Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratch Identity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
eK5Fen9.jpg

Was cleaning the parking sensors when I found these scratches on the front left bumper. The bottom one is quite deep. Any thoughts on what it might have been caused by? I'm fairly certain that it wasn't me.

With that said, sometimes the HPWC cable bangs against that panel. Is there any possibility it was caused by the cable somehow?

Looks similar to scratches my wife's old BMW 5 "developed" on her right rear bumper one day.

Never figured it out, but I guessed someone inconsiderate in a parking lot.

Shopping cart? Or someone rubbed the edge of you S with a package.

Sorry. That sucks.

I just have to figure out how to classify it to my insurance. Hit & Run? Vandalism? Or was it somehow my fault with the cable.

You're going to file an insurance claim over those?

Not sure about Canada, but in the states I would probably just pay out of pocket. After paying the deductible for the insurance, the remaining cost difference out of pocket would be minimal, whereas you'd have a claim on your insurance which will raise your rates for a few years.

You're going to file an insurance claim over those?

Not sure about Canada, but in the states I would probably just pay out of pocket. After paying the deductible for the insurance, the remaining cost difference out of pocket would be minimal, whereas you'd have a claim on your insurance which will raise your rates for a few years.

Hit & Run and vandalism claims don't raise my rates.