Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug in HomeLink firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems to be a different, more basic, problem than other threads, and I'm not sure if it's 7.1 related - so I've started this new thread.

I deferred programming the HomeLink on my new MS until I completed some mechanical work on the garage doors. Meanwhile it received the 7.1 update.

Today I set up a link for each of my two doors (they're both Lift Masters with rolling codes). For each door, the 'programming' using a handheld remote went fine - and note that the correct door always activated when I held down the specific button for the Tesla to learn the signal. Then, also, for each door the 'training' of the mechanism, in its learn mode, went fine.

But... starting with the 'test' condition on the second door, it is always the first door that actuates. I've redone this a bunch of times, and the MS always sends out the signal / code for the first door whenever I try to actuate the second door. It's like the Tesla only sends out the same signal for both saved Links. Note that these two doors work properly from the HomeLink on my other cars - a Lexus, an Accord, and a Tesla Roadster !

Anybody else experience this? Any ideas>

This seems to be a different, more basic, problem than other threads, and I'm not sure if it's 7.1 related - so I've started this new thread.

I deferred programming the HomeLink on my new MS until I completed some mechanical work on the garage doors. Meanwhile it received the 7.1 update.

Today I set up a link for each of my two doors (they're both Lift Masters with rolling codes). For each door, the 'programming' using a handheld remote went fine - and note that the correct door always activated when I held down the specific button for the Tesla to learn the signal. Then, also, for each door the 'training' of the mechanism, in its learn mode, went fine.

But... starting with the 'test' condition on the second door, it is always the first door that actuates. I've redone this a bunch of times, and the MS always sends out the signal / code for the first door whenever I try to actuate the second door. It's like the Tesla only sends out the same signal for both saved Links. Note that these two doors work properly from the HomeLink on my other cars - a Lexus, an Accord, and a Tesla Roadster !

Anybody else experience this? Any ideas>

In one of the other Homelink Auto-Open threads BertL describes a similar problem. I'll see if I can dig up the post.

Edit: Found it.

I really do believe there is a bug between Summon and Auto Homelink.

Configuration:
- I have two garage doors, each with LiftMaster openers (with roving codes) -- left and right
- My MS parks on the right
- Manual use of Homelink in the MS works perfectly with both doors
- Once 7.1 was installed, I checked Homelink Auto Open and Auto Close on only the right door; The left garage door is unchecked; No other reprogramming was done

Scenario 1 (Manual):
- I use my normal garage door opener or the MS Homelink Dropdown to open the right door where my MS is parked
- Backing out of my garage, the right door countdown begins, and closes as it should
- Arriving back to my garage, the right door countdown begins, and then opens as it should for me to pull in
- Perfect. I love it.

Scenario 2 (Summon):
- I use my normal garage door opener (not in MS) to open the right door where my MS is parked
- I use Summon via FOB to back MS into the driveway, and the FOB lock button to STOP it (driveway is less than 39')
- I use Summon via FOB to pull MS back into the garage
- MS stops itself, AND opens the left garage door (which is not auto-open/close-enabled on the 17" Homelink settings menu). The right door remains up.

The process is 100% repeatable. IMHO it's a certain bug with Summon and Auto Homelink, as no Homelink door should open or close if the auto buttons are not checked in the menu. (...and sorry if this is a repeat -- having a hard time keeping up with multiple Homelink/Summon threads and similar subjects across them all)