Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky Brakes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up an inventory P90D on 12/26 and it has had a loud brake sound when coming into and out of a stop.

Curious if anyone has had a similar issue with theirs and might be able to offer ideas of what the cause might be.

I have an appointment to have it checked next week, so hopefully it will be gone soon enough.

Videos of the sound here:
Squeaky Brakes on Vimeo
squeaky brakes alternate angle on Vimeo

So I get that its two and a half years later, but I have the exact same sound. What was the resolution to your issue back in 2016?

Don't think I have ever driven a Model S without squeaky when coming to a final stop or turning the wheel while touching the brakes. I have driven both old and new Model S with only 5k on the counter. Have been told by SC that it's just the way they are.

If you have squeaky brakes, it just means you aren't using them that much.

To fix your squeaky brake issues, do several panic stops from ~60mph/100kph to 0. That will fit it right up until it starts to build up dust and crap again and causes the squeaks. The more often you brake hard, the less they will squeak. I prefer to just do the panic stop cleaning method every so often.