Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster open door biping is loud. Any way to reduce it ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody.

I have a little question for the roadster wizards here :)

When the car is on, in P mode, and the driver door is open, the car does emit some biping sounds. I find this sound to be quite loud and I'd like to know if there's a way to reduce the noise level, or remove it completely. I usually drive to work at 5h45 am and I need to go out of the car to close my garage door. I'm a bit afraid this loud bip could wake up my neighbors as their sleeping room is right next to my parkplace, and I don't want them to be mad because of a silent car biping early in the morning.

Kind regards to yall :biggrin:

So by "the car is on" do you mean the key is in the ignition?

If the key is not in the ignition then the car should not "beep" when the door is open.

So what you are saying is that you start the car, back out of the garage, and then must exit the car to manually close your garage door and while you are out of the car with the door open it beeps loudly.

Only solution I see is, after backing out, before opening the door, shut the car off and remove the key. Then open the door, close your garage door, get back in the car, put the key back in the ignition, start the car, and drive.

The other solution is to get an automatic garage door motor so you can open/close the door remotely. I assume you cannot install one for some reason.

So by "the car is on" do you mean the key is in the ignition?

If the key is not in the ignition then the car should not "beep" when the door is open.

So what you are saying is that you start the car, back out of the garage, and then must exit the car to manually close your garage door and while you are out of the car with the door open it beeps loudly.

Only solution I see is, after backing out, before opening the door, shut the car off and remove the key. Then open the door, close your garage door, get back in the car, put the key back in the ignition, start the car, and drive.

The other solution is to get an automatic garage door motor so you can open/close the door remotely. I assume you cannot install one for some reason.

Hello ecarfan

Thanks for the answer. Yes I meant that exactly, The car is started and once out of the garage I have to exit to close the door. I thought about shutting off the car, but I noticed that when you start the roadster it's also beeping a lot. I don't know if in this case it's noisy only on the inside, I'll have to check to see if this solution is the best compromise.

You're right about the automated door. The door is 13 feet wide and needs specific automation. I currently don't have the money to afford that ( buying the roadster took all my savings ;) ) but in the long run I think I'll change the door for a new automated one.

Best regards

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, there's a special thing you need to do. Its like an easter-egg, but I believe you need to open and close the drivers side door 3 to 5 times and it should stop the beeping tone.

Hi Wiztecy

Thanks for your answer. I didn't know for this easter egg. Could be useful in the future, but in my case I won't slam the door 3 or 5 times early each morning, otherwise my neighbor will really be mad and he got a gun ;)

Anyway it's good to know this little trick !

best regards