Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if all of the X Sigs have been delivered yet. Even if your X hasn't been delivered but is at the shop getting prepped at least it's out of the factory. I would hope that they have been done with Sig production for awhile now. And if anyone who has ordered a production car has received a concrete date of delivery please share.

There's at least 1 Signature X not yet delivered, and not yet ordered (mine). I'm awaiting an opportunity to see one in person. I believe there is a significant minority that are in this status. I appreciate that Tesla hasn't been turning the screws to get the reservation turned into an order either.

I'm also very comfortable with the idea that there will be Production deliveries well before and possibly months before my delivery happens. That's a cost to me to wait and see the car in person - and an option I appreciate Tesla providing.

All you crazy people that can order a $130-140k car sight unseen - I don't know if I'm impressed, in awe, or afraid for your sanity :)

I am S548 and just got an email today from my DS that it completed production. The email also indicated that once it arrives at the SC, the pre-delivery inspection will need to be done and it's been taking a little while to clear the Xs for delivery.

I'm trying to look at the glass half full - that as a later Sig build and a presumably thorough inspection, I won't have many issues to deal with post-delivery.

There's at least 1 Signature X not yet delivered, and not yet ordered (mine). I'm awaiting an opportunity to see one in person. I believe there is a significant minority that are in this status. I appreciate that Tesla hasn't been turning the screws to get the reservation turned into an order either.

I'm also very comfortable with the idea that there will be Production deliveries well before and possibly months before my delivery happens. That's a cost to me to wait and see the car in person - and an option I appreciate Tesla providing.

All you crazy people that can order a $130-140k car sight unseen - I don't know if I'm impressed, in awe, or afraid for your sanity :)
Haha some people would also say that people who frequent a car forum for news are insane... but more on topic, I thought Tesla was waiting to deliver all Sigs before anything else (apparently there was a controversy with S sigs and delivery times). I didn't even think that there were Sigs that still need to order the car, if that's the case then Tesla has no choice but to proceed with production deliveries.

My friends who are sig 137 and configured and confirmed ASAP were told last week that they were still in production and would be notified when it left the factory, they have not been notified of transport yet.

My friends who are sig 137 and configured and confirmed ASAP were told last week that they were still in production and would be notified when it left the factory, they have not been notified of transport yet.
Well that means that they're producing Sigs and production X's together, my DS told me that my X has already been stamped.

Well that means that they're producing Sigs and production X's together, my DS told me that my X has already been stamped.

No doubt. My sales guy told me my production 24x is 'done'. I suspect they are waiting to get all the Sig's that were ORDERED and confirmed delivered before they start production delivery. I hope to probe more on this at the factory Friday for the meet model X event

No doubt. My sales guy told me my production 24x is 'done'. I suspect they are waiting to get all the Sig's that were ORDERED and confirmed delivered before they start production delivery. I hope to probe more on this at the factory Friday for the meet model X event
Nice, so they didn't give you a delivery estimate? Mine is 4-6 weeks from today.

No. I'm not thrilled with my DS, all she gave me was some facile party line of 'early 2016' which can mean anything before June 15th as far as I'm concerned. My sales guy was more informative. I strongly suspect the DS didn't even look up my record in SalesForce to see what the status was.

No. I'm not thrilled with my DS, all she gave me was some facile party line of 'early 2016' which can mean anything before June 15th as far as I'm concerned. My sales guy was more informative. I strongly suspect the DS didn't even look up my record in SalesForce to see what the status was.
Did you get the premium upgrades package? Some people say that cars without this are being delayed a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Sig 14xx VIN7xx, still waiting. No ETA for delivery from DS. Frustrating.
When did you order it?

hmm that's strange your car should probably be done before mine then, unless they're not producing strictly in order of VIN's which wouldn't really make sense.

Exactly. The inconsistency of info from DS's is infuriating. They should be able to provide us with extremely accurate information as to the status of our car and a delivery window as soon as the car hits the production Queue and has a VIN.

Ha! What's crazier? The scenario you mentioned or the one where you plunk down $40K as a deposit for a car that you've never seen (outside of prototype) just to be the first in line to buy one. And then when the time comes, you decide not to take advantage of your option to be first! :) jk! I totally understand your trepidation.

In all seriousness, I was scared to order the car sight unseen. But then I realized: what am I really gonna see or look at that will change my decision? Once I realized that nothing I see would change anything, I became more comfortable just ordering the car. It's basically an oversized S on the inside. :)