Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall required clearance and other details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Probably no one has the info I'm looking for, but thought I would ask anyway since there does not seem to be a way to contact Tesla Energy and get this information.

I am planning a solar system for my house and want to position the inverter on an outside wall and allow sufficient space for a Powerwall unit to be right next to it. My wall space is limited at the location where I want to put the inverter and Powerwall.

I would really like to know if there is a minimum required clearance around the Powerwall, particularly at the top. I know it is rated for outside exposure, but am wondering if there are any cooling vents at the top, bottom, or sides that cannot be obstructed.

Also, I don't know where on the unit the wiring connects into. From the bottom? (seems most likely) On the side? (I understand they can be connected together directly side to side) Choice of either? I assume not from the top.

get_ready3.png

http://www.solaredge.us/files/pdfs/preparing_for_storedge_upgrade_on_grid_and_backup_na.pdf