Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink with Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a multi car garage (3 in my case) can I program all 3 doors into the MX and it will know which door to open? Is only one door designated as the summons door? I like having all the doors programmed if I need to open them.

You can program all three and specify which one will use auto-open and auto-close. I assume (have not tested) that is the one summon will use.

Does anyone have any concrete info on the timing of how it works?
If you are outside your garage, will it open the garage, wait a certain amount of time, then begin pulling the car out?
Or does it just wait for the garage door to clear the front/rear sensors and then begin moving...
I'm hesitant to try it in case the car begins moving before the garage door is all the way up and/or the garage door fails to open the entire way
And info on real use would be great...

If you are outside your garage, will it open the garage, wait a certain amount of time, then begin pulling the car out?
Or does it just wait for the garage door to clear the front/rear sensors and then begin moving...
I'm hesitant to try it in case the car begins moving before the garage door is all the way up and/or the garage door fails to open the entire way
The video I've seen of the S shows that it waits for the door to fully open before moving.

From what I've seen it waits until the door is *almost* completely open before moving. Please see the video below, the garage begins opening around 0:20:

Last edited by a moderator:
"You can program all three and specify which one will use auto-open and auto-close. I assume (have not tested) that is the one summon will use."

I had (and some others I believe did as well) a problem with a two door garage where I had both the door for the Tesla and the door for my wife's BMW programed into the Tesla HomeLink settings

When I first tried "Summon" it always wanted to open my wife's garage door instead of my door.

One person suggested that it seems to pick the door which was programmed first to the Tesla HomeLink setting. I tried deleting my wife's door from the Tesla HomeLink list and, of course, it worked fine (only one door on the list at that time), but when I added back my wife's door to the Tesla HomeLink list, it still got confused and opened up her door instead of mine even though it would have not been the first on the list. I didn't have the patience to work with it any more at that time so I deleted my wife's door from the Tesla HomeLink and it works fine. I seldom need to open her door anyway from inside my car, so no real harm done.