Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Local chargers downtown Indianapolis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Headed to downtown Indianapolis this weekend. Was looking on plugshare for local chargers. I was amazed to find so many chargers. It appears most of them are owned by a company called blue-indy. They rent out electric cars and charge by the minute.
I was wondering if anyone has information about how convenient it is to charge at their stations? Plugshare states it costs $20/year + $2/hour.
Thanks

Last edited:
I was in Indy for the Big Ten Championship game in December and noticed the same thing when doing my research. I don't know where you're driving from but I decided to just park in a regular garage and use the SuperCharger network. For me, I needed to stop in Lafayette and charge anyway so I simply made sure I had enough juice to get back there on my return. No need to sign up for Blue-Indy and no need to pay. Plus, there's a Steak & Shake right there for a decent, quick meal. :)

As you're probably aware, there's also a SuperCharger in Indy you can hit if you happen to put a lot of miles on the car while in the city.

Last edited:
I live in Indianapolis and currently drive a Ford Focus Electric -- purchased the Blue-Indy $20/year charging plan a couple months ago but frankly haven't used it yet. Guess I need to go downtown more often -- that's where almost all of their parking spots and charge points are at this point.

I'm hopeful that once their lot at the airport comes online, incoming travelers might use their point-to-point EV rentals in lieu of renting a car or doing taxis/Uber/Lyft.

(sorry, not much direct help, just adding some context)

Tesla destination charging at your hotel would be best, but there are none in downtown Indy yet. I suggest talking to the hotel manager about Tesla's destination charging program. They can get free HPWCs and J1772s from Tesla.

GSP

Headed to downtown Indianapolis this weekend. Was looking on plugshare for local chargers. I was amazed to find so many chargers. It appears most of them are owned by a company called blue-indy. They rent out electric cars and charge by the minute.
I was wondering if anyone has information about how convenient it is to charge at their stations? Plugshare states it costs $20/year + $2/hour.
Thanks

Check your chargepoint card. Many many locations, a lot of them are free, such as at all the Kohls stores. Tesla 80 amp near their store at the keystone crossing mall. A chain of Amoco stations "Rickers" has CHAdeMO. The power utility has quite a number of stations $2.50 for unlimited amount of time. Charge for free at the zoo downtown (although you have to pay to park). ...and of course the Supercharger on the SE side. Indy is loaded with charging locations..