Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outfox "Power Limit" to still give you max. Power ;)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one i pretty cool.

I was driving home yesterday when suddenly the range dropped under 38km (20 miles) which means that power will be reduced ("Power Limit" appears in Dash).

At the next red light i remembered that the manual says: "Move the key all the way forward to engage “Performance” mode."

Ok - so I put the Roadster in Range Mode and at the same time i floored the pedal I moved the key all the way forward. The car went into performance mode and DELIVERED 200kW!!! GOTCHA ;)

After that the "Power Limit" light was gone and DIDN'T RETURN. I could drive home with all the 200kW ready for action. See the pics below for proof ;)

So here's the exact how-to

1. Drive in Standard or Performance mode until Ideal Range drops below 38km / 20 miles and "Power Limit" / "Low Battery - Power reduced" comes on.
(note you will have ~20miles left in the "hidden" reserve)

2. Switch to Range Mode and wait until the Ideal Miles increase by the hidden 20miles reserve (in Range Mode you dont' have any reserves left, so be carefull!)

3. You will now have a Range bigger than 38km / 20 miles, so the "Power Limit" light will go off. But you're in Range Mode, so you don't have max. Power available.

4. Before flooring the pedal, move the key all the way forward to engage Performance Mode.

5. You will first notice, that the car will give you around 150kWh but the will hop up to 200 kWh. FULL POWER, yeah!!

6. Power Limit light will STAY OFF. The Warning on the Touchscreen may still be there, but the car has no power limit anymore.

7. After you charge again (in Stadard 7 Performance mode) over 38km / 20 miles our little trick will be reseted.

16km (~10 miles) left and no sign of the "Power Limit" light:
attachment.php?attachmentid=2392&d=1313767412.jpg

IMG_20110818_182627.jpg
IMG_20110818_182638.jpg